You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Complex design, divided by Boolean Subtract operation. How do I separate each of the four sections?

Hello Affinity Designer deities,

I developed a somewhat complex design with the intention of dividing it into four parts. I separated the parts, using the boolean subtract command, which worked great visually, except the four parts can only be selected as one thing, and I need four separate things. I think I know what I did wrong: I should have used the Xor or the Divide Boolean operation, which I am going to try next.

The item is a four part trellis screen: the top design will be added to the top panel, using Boolean Add, the middle design will be added to the middle panel, etc.

I thought that I should post this question, tho, in case I am wrong about the fix, and also because there may be another way to remedy the situation. Thanks for your help!

GVsculptor

Trellis Screen 12-16-22.afdesign

3 hours ago, GVsculptor said:

… except the four parts can only be selected as one thing, and I need four separate things.

Separating the "Total Organic Design" (and recombining) more often leads to unforeseen effects. I would do it like this:

image.png.87405e48b256ddc469e080cfa41de140.png

Thanks to DeepL.