You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select/Deselect and history

Select/Deselect action should not be included in the document history.
( I'm not talking about the Marquee selection, it's about object selection.)
Or give me the option to exclude them.
Many graphic apps such as Adobe or Corel do not include them in the document history.

I love the way it works now. When I undo to a point in my history I want it to be exactly the way it was at that point rather than just the way it looked.

The lack of this in Photoshop is always tripping me up.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

11 hours ago, MikeTO said:

When I undo to a point in my history I want it to be exactly the way it was at that point rather than just the way it looked.

This.
It might be slightly annoying at times having to go through countless "select/deselect", but other times it will also help to understand how and why I got to where I was now.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:29 AM, ashf said:

give me the option to exclude them

Fair call though. :) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

46 minutes ago, loukash said:
12 hours ago, MikeTO said:

When I undo to a point in my history I want it to be exactly the way it was at that point rather than just the way it looked.

This.
It might be slightly annoying at times having to go through countless "select/deselect", but other times it will also help to understand how and why I got to where I was now.

Agree! And there are also times when the undo action takes me back to a sometimes complicated object selection that I made before and would like to keep using. E.g. to apply other styles to it or to transform or move it in a new way. I find that time-saving

58 minutes ago, loukash said:
On 12/17/2022 at 12:29 AM, ashf said:

give me the option to exclude them

Fair call though. :) 

The call for an alternative option is understandable. However, I would not want this option as a replacement. I like the current setting more than the one I had in Photoshop.