You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher freezes when trying to start a new or load an existing project

Bango

I did a fresh install of Windows 11 about two or three months ago and there I also did a fresh installation of the Affinity Apps (not the versions from the Microsoft Store). However, they don't work correctly as they all start to freeze and also don't respond anymore as soon as I want to start a new project or try to load an existing one. I then have to force quit them. This happens in every app! Updating each app, disabling hardware acceleration and restoring factory settings didn't help.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I did another fresh installation of Windows 11 a week ago and then I installed the Affinity apps right after. They worked as expected! But now I'm having the same issue as before. The apps don't respond anymore if try to open an existing or a new project.

So the issue might be caused by either one of the afterwards installed applications, which you can see in the following picture (whereby I can proof that Virtual Desktop Service & Streamer aren't the root)...

image.png.fb0e3f4a7f1e70b43abeb350337ca4b2.png

or the issue correlates with one of the latest Windows updates.

Here's my current system info:

Edition         :    Windows 11 Home
Version        :    22H2
Installed on :    ‎21.‎12.‎2022
OS Build      :    22621.963
Experience  :    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

I would really appreciate your help!

• 2 weeks later...

It's already inconvenient for me that the Affinity V1 software doesn't work as expected, but the fact that I haven't received any help or support for almost a month now is very annoying. I paid for the software and feel completely let down.

@N.P.M
"Uninstall all of your third party apps and reinstall them one by one to see which is the problem."

I already did that as you should read in my second post but nothing changed. Well, except the apps from Microsoft, which can't be really uninstalled as they reinstall again automatically after rebooting the pc.

"And you may not have noticed the notice"
Of course, I've seen the notice but how long should I wait to get support for my request? It's been more than a month since I can't use the Affinity software and since I can't continue my work. It costs me time, which I didn't get paid for!