You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I could swear we had the functionality to break subpaths from a path in v1 of Affinity Designer. But for the life of me I cannot find it in v2, which means that to remove subpaths from a vector graphic I have to slowly keep clicking on the individual nodes of each subpath and delete them one or a few at a time.

Now, if we still have that functionality and I am simply getting too old to notice (which is likely), someone please help me find it, as it would greatly speed up what I am doing. Either by breaking up the path into all of its subpaths and deleting the undesirable subpaths that way, or by being able to select an entire subpath and delete it without even breaking the path.

Thanks, everyone.

To delete a segment of a curve, while using the Pen Tool, (Addendum: Or the Node Tool, see below) you can hold Ctrl down and click on the segment you want to delete – see attached video and watch for the little red cross next to the mouse pointer – you may need to move the mouse a little bit after pressing Ctrl to see the correct Status Bar text.
(Ctrl key might be different on macOS).

Edited by GarryP
Added clarification.

56 minutes ago, GarryP said:

while using the Pen Tool,

On the Mac is is control when using the Node Tool, while the command key lets you access the node tool when using the pen tool, so command + control deletes a segment.

Alternatively, while using the Node Tool, you can click the node on one end of a run of segments you want to remove, shift+click on the node on the other end to select them both, then click the Break Curve icon on the context toolbar to split the curve into three separate objects (will become three layers on the layers panel).  Then select the one you want to delete and hit the delete key.  This leaves the two ends as separate objects/layers instead of as a single object, so which method works best will obviously depend on the situation.