You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File from V1 opened as completely white in V2

It is your Brighness contrast adjustments. Adjust them to taste.

Very confused as to the two levels layers nested and having nothing going on in either. This file is too complicated to make sense to me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is being caused by the two Brightness / Contrast Adjustment Layers with nested Mask Layers both containing nested Level Adjustments (marked in red)... Toggle the Levels Adjustments off and the whiteout is removed, however it appears to be some odd combination of the two Levels Adjustments in as much as if you unnest both Mask Layers from their respective Brightness / Contrast Layers and further unnest both Level Adjustments from their respective Masks and then renest the first Levels Adjustment with the first Mask, it is fine, but as soon as you nest the second Levels Adjustments with the second Mask you see the whiteout effect, regardless of which you nest first.

So something very odd is happening here which isn't happening in V1.

530462666_LevelsAdjustment.jpg.941f830409552e12212be952cc947914.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Playing a little more, I think the source file itself may be corrupt as I'm getting constant crashes when opening it in 1.10.6 and in v2 the Levels Adjustments applied to the two mask layers appear to be completely ignoring the masks themselves, but if you rebuild the file all works as it should (see v2 attached)...

One oddity however with the rebuilt file is that if you attempt to group the elements that make up the Environment Blooms (the green layers in the attached file), the 'whiteout' effect reappears, which makes little sense, grouping those layers should make no difference...

v2.afphoto

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.