You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corrupt File Affinity Designer

I heard in multiple forums you guys might be able to help?  It's a work file I manage for a customer and thought Affinity had Saved Snapshots of previews file versions but.. apparently not?  If it's possible to recover it, it'll be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for all your hard work, I love this software so much!

1. Which Operating System are you using?
Windows 11

1. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?
    Affinity Designer V1 

2. What drive type was the file last saved to (select more than one if needed)?
    External SSD 

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem?
My last move on the file was to add a PDF and save.  As I shut the computer down Windows also made an update, don't remember if the file finished saving but I assumed so.  Next day it's corrupted.  

Edited by Doosits Ruminile
Top explanation was added. 1) Thought it might've been extremely rude to just drop and ask for a fix... I appreciate your time and efforts. Much thanks. 2) Removed the file

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

So it is lost...  Well, we tried.

I have Affinity Publisher V1, but I have not yet learned to use it. 

If I understood correctly, I could open it in Publisher as you have (''as another page'')? 

I feel, so long as I can open it somewhere and interact with the layers, perhaps I could systematically
paste some layers into a new file I could save... right? 

- again, thank you for your time.

I am happy to report there is hope to save some Corrupt Files, this worked for me thanks to you!  

I opened Affinity Publisher > New Document > Document > Add Pages from File > Select Corrupt File

All the layers become visible in Affinity Publisher and thus can be passed into a new Affinity Designer document

image.png.05a1ffe4a0fbb00f3360ad7810c402b3.png

I saved it and it worked.  Sure I have to copy n' paste 1 Layer by one or small Layer selections. 

image.png.a949bf7d687ec073535043b9679a3028.png

But the file is not lost.  I passed some chunks from top to down.
If the selection does NOT include corrupt layers they will pass well
image.png.0641735d61d43ce2cd20badeda7fc30f.png

If the Layers selected include bad Layers this will be pasted instead and will need to
systematically check 1 by 1 which one is bad.
image.png.41a489ed2f1fd6e37fdd8827f3b46ccc.png

I narrowed it down to 2 layers that didn't allow me to pass and left them behind.  
But the rest of my hundreds of layers are restored!!!
image.png.24a0b74168b4a4266cd72985c9ee1c33.png

Mission Complete!

Thank you so much for the information!!!

-P.S.  LESSON LEARNED; I WILL HAVE A DUPLICATE BACK UP OF ALL FILES FROM NOW ON XD

7 hours ago, Doosits Ruminile said:

I opened Affinity Publisher > New Document > Document > Add Pages from File > Select Corrupt File
All the layers become visible in Affinity Publisher and thus can be passed into a new Affinity Designer document

Great. That's exactly how I thought it would be.

Thanks to DeepL.