You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble Editing an Embedded Image

I am trying to create dimensioned furniture images.  I have created a template with grouped lines and text, and I place an image of the furniture item in that template and save it as a different file.

I had been able to edit the grouped dimension layers, but now when I double click a grouped item to adjust it, the embedded image moves to the foreground, hiding my grouped dimension layers.

Is there a way to "un-embed" the furniture image so I can adjust the grouped dimensions?

Any suggestions will truly be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Quint

Affinity Photo 1.4.1, late 2010 macbook pro 8gb, 512gb ssd  

Greetings;

I have tried to included a screen shot, with one of the groups highlighted.  However, I am not having any success.

I started with a 700k tiff file, converted it to a 528k pdf, but I receive the error "This upload failed".

Thank you!

Quint

Hi Quint,

Any chance you can post a Dropbox link/share (or other similar cloud service) to the afphoto file. I believe there's some restrictions for new users to avoid spam (which may explain why you are having trouble uploading files).

Hey @MEB, I've been getting the same "this upload failed" error message this afternoon while trying to upload a 50kB .png screenshot... I logged out, logged in, tried the "basic uploader" tried other files but it won't work - maybe it's some glitch? 

• Staff

Hi qthocher,

Thanks for the screenshot. What's probably happening is this:

You have placed the embedded document on top of all other layers and despite you're able to see the layers below, when you double-click on them for editing you are actually double clicking the transparent area of the embedded document and thus Photo opens the embedded document in a new window - check if when that happens you have two document tabs right above the work area, one of them called Embedded - if so it means you double-cliked the embedded document and are editing it in a separate window . To avoid this lock the embedded document (in the original document) selecting its layer and clicking on the padlock icon on the top right of the Layers panel (so it's not selectable anymore) or place the embedded document on the bottom of the layers stack.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

• Staff

Hey @MEB, I've been getting the same "this upload failed" error message this afternoon while trying to upload a 50kB .png screenshot... I logged out, logged in, tried the "basic uploader" tried other files but it won't work - maybe it's some glitch? 

Hi F_Kal,

This should be fixed now.