You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.0.3 Photo: What's New?

Photo got bumped to 2.0.3, and while there's a good chance I've overlooked it, I don't see a "What's New" list outlining fixes, improvements or additions. (What's New in AP 2... in the menu links to a YouTube video from the launch in November...) Assuming that I've just missed it, could someone post a link and/or info?

It would be helpful it was glaringly-obvious what's changed with every update. Microsoft's Visual Studio Code is a great example (just one, I'm sure there are others) of an "in your face" notification of updates: When you launch it for the first time post-update, a new tab opens with a full list of the changes, and links to more information as appropriate. At a minimum, I always skim through this as there is occasionally something new or improved that makes a big change or improvement in the workflow.

The team is obviously working on updates ... very encouraging.

2.0.3 is a beta version. You can find the infos about what has changed in the beta section of this forum. For AP for Windows it's here:

However, you have to look up each individual beta version of 2.0.3 to see what has changed there. There is usually no list of all changes since 2.0.0, which will only be available when 2.0.3 is released.

10 minutes ago, chessboard said:

2.0.3 is a beta version. You can find the infos about what has changed in the beta section of this forum. For AP for Windows it's here:

There is an update on APh2 and Apub2

image.png.78397ed6fcffc6f5a1c1207ff54af454.png

Haven't updated it yet, curious about the changelog too, to see if it is any different from the beta version.

if you see other section (not the beta section) in this forum, there are some people that succesfully updated, 

and yes one of the reason i haven't updated yet is bcause i haven't see any update on that post nor on my account download section. 

7 minutes ago, ADRs said:

if you see other section (not the beta section) in this forum, there are some people that succesfully updated, 

and yes one of the reason i haven't updated yet is bcause i haven't see any update on that post nor on my account download section. 

It's available here. Had to check in help menu.

image.png.25dd9fbf619d19dee622b12428087783.pngimage.png.32d1568146978fc8c221be054575e052.png

image.png.7aaa204ae15601972b0d40139127cc59.png

4 minutes ago, debraspicher said:

Is there a changelog within the program?

I don't know that's why i'm asked (i'm always updated it manually in v1).

And there are no information on this forum and anywhere else about the updates, that's why i havent updated it yet.

• Staff

Sorry everyone, this was a slight mistake. 2.0.3 will be released soon enough and the build you temporarily had access to is very likely to be the one we push out to everyone else, but for now it's been taken down.

Once we formally release 2.0.3 we will post in this thread

Till then if you are lucky enough to have installed it in the hour it was accidentally available then feel free to use it and we will continue to finalise the release testing (and write some formal release notes)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
21 minutes ago, cgidesign said:

will there be a new trial?

Possibly when an EXE is available, it's under discussion 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Anyone who accidentally got the early release to Affinity Photo 2.0.3 and Affinity Publisher 2.0.3 mentioned in this thread last week should be aware that the installs you got are NOT the official release of 2.0.3 which has a few additional last minute fixes. Because they are both called 2.0.3 your version will offer an autoupdate from 2.0.3 to 2.0.3 (yours is 2.0.3.1682 and the destination is the real 2.0.3.1688)

Suggestion: To get the official release, please install these latest release builds (which should simply install over the top of the ones you have)

Affinity Photo for Windows Download

Affinity Publisher for Windows Download

Sorry this has happened.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd