You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard arrangement, guides, and movement.

Im laying out a photo book using Designer. There are potentially 100 pages, Is there a way to re-arrange the placement of art boards into a grid matrix instead of the endless left to right scroll? I find the grid layout to be a lot easier to work with and visualize the final product.

Can artboards be rearranged? When working on a project like this sometimes I want to swap page 10 with page 35 for example, Is there a way to drag and drop  to rearrange the artboard order?

Guides, setting up guides that are the same for every artboard is a bit daunting with the current method, I have to select the precise location for every artboard. Is there a way to place guides at the same locations on all my artboards?

Thanks for the help or consideration of adding these features to the artboard functionality.

Hi Nathan Parker,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently neither of those actions is easy to accomplish in Designer. There's no features to automatise the process.

I'm moving this thread to the Feature Requests section to be considered for a future version.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, thanks for passing it along, these would be great!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am a newbie too, but I have learnt from the Affinity Workbook that you can duplicate artboards p323. This may be helpful as any features you want on multiple artboards can be reproduced this way. It will duplicate guides too, but you only see them on the active artboard. Make an artboard with the features to be repeated and copy it. Go to the edit menu and duplicate. Select both artboards in the layers panel, then go to Arrange. Select space horizontally, then uncheck Auto Distribute and put in an amount of space you want between them, then OK.

I hope this helps you Nathan or someone else.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread but I can't find anything new about this so I hope others will be able to find this reply. I am using a work around for this problem. If I open a PDF of 100 pages Affinity designer will nicely layout those pages as 100 artboards. If I want to move page 4 (artboard 4) I can select page 4, zoom out, click and drag it down beside page 100 (artboard 100). If I export it to PDF that page (page 4) will ended up being page 1 in the PDF. Instead of dragging page 4, I select page 4 in the layers panel, hit control x, scroll to page 100 in the layers panel, select page 100, hit control v. It's still page 4 in the layers panel but now when I export it as a PDF it is page 100. If I want to move page 4 to page 30, I hit control x on page 4 in the layers panel,  select page 31 in the layers panel, hit control v. Page 4 becomes page 30 when I export that to PDF. The layout becomes messed up but I will just open the PDF that I exported and everything is laid out nicely again with the pages reordered the way that I want them to be.