You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher and OpenOffice Writer

Just now, Twolane said:

Backup, backup, backup.

The Affinity videos aren't too bad either for specific topics. They're pretty short and sweet. Elaine's are a lot longer but she has timestamped some of her videos if you click on Show more.

Well right now all I am trying to figure out is how I can import my .docx into publisher :P 

Bonjour @Gamemistress Jessica

comme le rappelle @MikeTO et @iconoclast les formats RTF ou TXT fonctionnent, cela dépend si vous souhaitez conserver les enrichissement de texte, feuille de styles... Pour la mise en page Publisher fonctionne. Pas nécessaire de faire trop compliqué :)

as @MikeTO et @iconoclast reminds us, RTF or TXT formats work, it depends on whether you want to keep the text enrichment, style sheet... For the layout Publisher works. No need to be too complicated :)

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

13 minutes ago, Twolane said:

Welcome to my world of a year or more ago. I cursed and threw my laptop off my balcony quite a few time before Publisher finally clicked for me. As much as I hate watching videos to learn, I had to do it for Publisher. It all came together in the end.

Well nobody still actually haven't told me how to import my .docx document. I have create new file in publisher, ctrl+N, I have found my master page and my page 1. So can you please tell me how I get my .docx into my publisher now?

Double-click on your Page 1 on the left to bring it up on the main window. Go to File / Place. Navigate to where your .docx file is located. Click on your .docx file and then on page one and it should appear there. Once the first page of text shows, SHIFT-click on the bottom right triangle. You will see a little "barbell". Hit Shift to flow the pages.

Edited to add SHIFT-click on the triangle to flow the pages, et voilà.

3 minutes ago, Twolane said:

Double-click on your Page 1 on the left o bring it up on the main window. Go to File / Place. Navigate to where your .docx file is located. Click on your page one and it should appear there. Once the first page of text shows, click on the bottom right triangle. You will see a little "barbell". Hit Shift to flow the pages.

Thanks, that workerd :)

36 minutes ago, Gamemistress Jessica said:

Well nobody still actually haven't told me how to import my .docx document. I have create new file in publisher, ctrl+N, I have found my master page and my page 1. So can you please tell me how I get my .docx into my publisher now?

en images :)
Cliquez sur le chainage avec shift maintenu pour créer automatiquement les pages.

Click on the chain with shift held down to automatically create the pages.

Capture d’écran (204).png

Capture d’écran (203).png

Capture d’écran (202).png

Capture d’écran (201).png

docx_file.zip

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2