You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Photo V2] Update Notification??

When launching APV2 just a few minutes ago, I get the update notification. It says there's an update, which is 2.0.0 to 2.0.3 (current Beta). I've not seen anything posted on the forums by Serif about any updates, and most of the time they do.

Also get this update for Publisher, HOWEVER what is strange, Designer says that the 2.0.0 version is up to date, ie; no update available..

update-200 to 203.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Biting my nails, I installed the update. I was thinking it would see the Customer Beta and refuse to install. However it did install.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Sorry everyone, this was a slight mistake. 2.0.3 will be released soon enough and the build you temporarily had access to is very likely to be the one we push out to everyone else, but for now it's been taken down.

Once we formally release 2.0.3 we will post in this thread

Till then if you are lucky enough to have installed it in the hour it was accidentally available then feel free to use it and we will continue to finalise the release testing (and write some formal release notes)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Na denn dann kommt halt noch 2.0.3.1, wenn es keine Probleme gibt ist doch alles gut. Ich habe noch keine Fehler gefunden.
Danke für die Bemühungen! 😀

Well, then comes 2.0.3.1, if there are no problems, everything is fine. I haven't found any bugs yet.

thanks for the work

Westerwälder

• Staff

Anyone who accidentally got the early release to Affinity Photo 2.0.3 and Affinity Publisher 2.0.3 mentioned in this thread last week should be aware that the installs you got are NOT the official release of 2.0.3 which has a few additional last minute fixes. Because they are both called 2.0.3 your version will offer an autoupdate from 2.0.3 to 2.0.3 (yours is 2.0.3.1682 and the destination is the real 2.0.3.1688)

Suggestion: To get the official release, please install these latest release builds (which should simply install over the top of the ones you have)

Affinity Photo for Windows Download

Affinity Publisher for Windows Download

Sorry this has happened.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

50 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Because they are both called 2.0.3.1682 your version will not autoupdate to the real 2.0.3.1688

Did you mean that the v 2.0.3.1682 will not get autoupdate notification or it will get the the notification but nothing will happen even if i update it in-app? 

because i still got the update notification from the v 2.0.3.1682

image.png.050bb19e1096b37d81d30d057a6ebb91.png

• Staff
2 minutes ago, ADRs said:

i still got the update notification from the v 2.0.3.1682

Oh excellent, that is good. Please accept it. My post is incorrect then I will tweak it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
2 minutes ago, RichardMH said:

Any point in still using the beta at the moment?

None. See here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/61-windows-beta-forums/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.