You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inadequate filling of the text style

Beta 2.0.3.1670.

This is a regression from the public version 2.0.0. The filling of the bottom of the text does not go down to the end of the text.

Text-style-decoration-fill.thumb.jpg.562030fd01bcba532733ee3d965c91aa.jpg

style-decoration-remplissage.afpub

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

• 1 month later...

@PixelEngineer, look at the values for the decoration. The value (+0.07 in 2.0.3 and not -0.07 in 2.0.0) for the bottom of the filling is not consistent with the other values.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

• Staff
5 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

look at the values for the decoration. The value (+0.07 in 2.0.3 and not -0.07 in 2.0.0) for the bottom of the filling is not consistent with the other values.

This is the regression in 2.0.3 that stops documents looking correct, sorry.

In 2.0.4, which will be released soon, all older documents will go back to being correct. As a consequence you may need to adjust decoration values created using 2.0.3 (which draws them incorrectly)

Sorry for this inconvenience 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Pyanepsion said:

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Hello @Pyanepsion, in regards to the question I was wondering if this occurred when opening the document from within v2 or if copy and paste was used. I decided to run more tests and now see a clearer picture of what is going on. So the question is irrelevant now.

I have moved on to using Affinity v2 for my production workflows and didn't understand why there was a bug being reported in the decorations since the values looked normal working natively within the application.

Edit: I just saw the moderator post as I wrote this. So that answers my question.

Thanks.

• Staff
Just now, PixelEngineer said:

...and didn't understand why there was a bug being reported....

See my response above 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/20/2023 at 3:15 AM, Patrick Connor said:

As a consequence you may need to adjust decoration values created using 2.0.3 (which draws them incorrectly)

The reason why I was posting this because I didn't see any problems working in Affinity v2 natively and was thinking that the title descriptions of bug in v2 was not accurate. I thought it was working but was thinking that it was designed based on a different orientation. Sometimes there can be misunderstanding of the actual problem. However, now I see that this had to be fixed and that update will not impacting my work in anyway. Serif has great product and I really appreciate the work that your team does.

Looking forwarded to the updates.

3 hours ago, PixelEngineer said:

Affinity v2.0.3 below showing correct values being drawn for the bottom values from 0 to I inch at the edge of the document. Am I missing something?

Du musst die V2.0.0 und V2.03 vergleichen.

Version 2.0.0 und Version 1.1.XX ist die Berechnung richtig. Version 2.03 ist die Berechnung falsch!

• Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using those builds this problem no longer occurs.

Unfortunately while the Text Frame "Bottom" decoration UI was broken in 2.0.3. If you actually used that field to adjust your frame decoration, then when loaded into 2.0.4 your document will look different to the way it drew in the (incorrect) 2.0.3 version. Please tweak your decoration bottom value in 2.0.4 and it should look correct again (as it did in 1.10.x or 2.0.0)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.