You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad V2 crashing when invoking View mode or Split View mode

tbaucells

I was trying Shape Builder and wanted to invoke the x-ray mode that I’ve seen on various tutorials. When I tap the Navigator icon and then tap on either Main View Mode or Split View Mode, Designer crashes instantly.

I’ve tried with both the beta and mainstream app, getting the same result. I have also tried it with other files and it seems to work a little better.

I have found that if I use the Designer module within Affinity Publisher for iPad, with the same file, there is absolutely no problem.

I am attaching the file. You’ll see that it is not particularly large or complicated particular shapes. I was trying to combine using Shake Builder were the little houses (I was trying to replicate what the original artist had made, for practice).

I realise there is probably something weird about the file, but this crash shouldn’t really happen, I think.

cardch4.afdesign

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo V2, Mac and iPad.

macOS Ventura 13.5.2; Macbook Pro (16-inch, Mid 2021); Apple M1 Pro, 10 cores; Graphics 16 cores; 16GB RAM;

iPad Pro 11 inch first gen

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

19 hours ago, tbaucells said:

but this crash shouldn’t really happen,

I tried your file in Current Beta and can’t fault it.  Tried Split View with all sorts of combinations. Have you tried a hard reset of you iPad?

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, DM1 said:

I tried your file in Current Beta and can’t fault it.  Tried Split View with all sorts of combinations.

In my aforelinked reports, it always crashes when the zoom reaches 200%.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

10 hours ago, loukash said:

In my aforelinked reports, it always crashes when the zoom reaches 200%.

I went way past 200%. Maybe it is model specific? The M1 units have had issues that don’t effect older iPads.

CC06F338-A037-4FD5-B3C6-3F15966387E3.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @tbaucells,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that this issue has since been resolved in the latest update (2.0.4) and should hopefully no longer occur.

If you're still experiencing issues with these settings or any other bugs in the latest update, please create a new post here and our team will be happy to investigate further :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!