You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

40% Discount Offer Extended Until 23rd January 2023?

I guess they got some good sales?

Fair play to them - I wish V2 all the success they deserve for offering a fairer alternative to Adobe

But if I take the plunge with the suite then I want something for my money (other than basically the same software with a few minor new features and probably some new bugs to iron out)

Happy using V1 for now but going forward I would like to support them and move over to V2 eventually - it's just a little too steep for me right now and so soon after buying V1

25 minutes ago, Artsketch said:

Looks so. It was foreseeable that the 40% will be extended. Perhaps even permanently. Usual marketing strategy.

Most likely related to the fact that many users had/have payment problems and also some could not get the 30 day trial to run with enough time to test it and then get the discounted offer. Highly doubt it will be a permanent discount

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

Most likely related to the fact that many users had/have payment problems and also some could not get the 30 day trial to run with enough time to test it and then get the discounted offer. Highly doubt it will be a permanent discount

Interested to know what % of sales are on the discounted rate (which they seem to offer quite regularly)?

Seems to be like games on Steam - everyone just waits until they're on sale (or most people)

1 hour ago, awakenedbyowls said:

I guess they got some good sales?

Fair play to them - I wish V2 all the success they deserve for offering a fairer alternative to Adobe

But if I take the plunge with the suite then I want something for my money (other than basically the same software with a few minor new features and probably some new bugs to iron out)

Happy using V1 for now but going forward I would like to support them and move over to V2 eventually - it's just a little too steep for me right now and so soon after buying V1

I am with you. I am happy that they fixed the crash on V1 so, all systems go for me. 

1 hour ago, Artsketch said:

Perhaps even permanently.

Do you have any evidence for that?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'd say the current price range is the sweet spot - be interested to know what the difference in sales between the full price and the 40% discount are?

I mean it's a very good alternative to Adobe - but does it do all the things Adobe does? It's enough for me, but other more professional artists might want more professional features that are offered by Adobe but not Affinity.

Get the price right - sell more - make more money

Also more people using the software and identifying bugs

Less is More 👍

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

Far more likely due to the time it is taking them to get the old-style installer going for the Windows version due to the number of people complaining about the newer format and even running into issues where the IT departments at some workplaces are refusing to let them use the software.

• 4 months later...

Serif do tend to offer the Affinity software on sale from time to time, but there is no guarantee when the next sale will be, nor what the discount will be.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 4/24/2023 at 6:38 AM, Just Blondie said:

Wondering if the 40% off will ever happen again? 

It's unlikely, in my opinion. 20% might happen at some point, but probably not more than that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1