You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

align to key object!

Hi - I know its been requested before! - This is really important for me..

I'm posting again because I don't see it on either the feature roadmap or the index of commonly requested features, so hopefully this will get it somewhere on the team's to-do list.

A recent switcher from Adobe Illustrator, I really like Designer, but this is a bit of a problem! - most other differences I've got used to... I think I even prefer the controversial eyedropper!

• 1 year later...

Trial versions of the 1.6 releases will come eventually, but on past evidence you may have to wait for quite a while after the release of the retail versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

One more question about align first/last. Does it work with nodes too?

This tool really misses me.

With a shortcut it's really more effective than to create guides and to snap on it before deleting them.

To do a clean and quick job, it's absolutely necessary. (I talk about technical drawing, not making nice little Mickeys... )

The align tools for nodes is fine and pleasant to use. But I don't trust align with the hand draging the mouse on a complexe artwork.