You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I get Designer V1 on my new ipad?

So I didn't realise Affinity had a new version until I tried to download Affinity Designer on my new ipad. Apparently v2 is a new one you have to purchase to use, I was happy with v1 and after looking around I still can't find an answer as to how do I get it back on a new ipad. I tried looking on purchased apps, it's there but I can't access nor download it as it no longer exists on App Store. So any solutions?

Not sure why it isn’t showing in your Purchased. If you indeed bought it and had used it on your other iPad, it should be in your Account still.

App Store > Tap your Icon (top right corner) to enter your Account > Purchased….as you should find most any and all others.

Might have to scroll or search, but is you already owned V1 it should be there to DL again. 

StudioJason:

From what I understand, this was already attempted.

I tried looking on purchased apps, it's there but I can't access nor download it

Bumblemeep:

Did you originally download the trial of version 1, or did you purchase it? Because for me, I have both versions purchased, and I can still access both.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I guess you both were right. I feel dumb now. It was in purchased and I've been pressing on it where it takes me to a blank page (bc yes it doesn't exist) when all I had to do was press the download icon on the side..... and got it back. V1 didn't have trial it was just purchase to download back then.

So I guess problem solved 😅 I wouldn't have realised if it wasn't pointed out that it should work so I made sure again and low and behold. Thank you both for your help! 

21 minutes ago, Bumblemeep said:

I guess you both were right. I feel dumb now. It was in purchased and I've been pressing on it where it takes me to a blank page (bc yes it doesn't exist) when all I had to do was press the download icon on the side..... and got it back. V1 didn't have trial it was just purchase to download back then.

So I guess problem solved 😅 I wouldn't have realised if it wasn't pointed out that it should work so I made sure again and lo and behold. Thank you both for your help! 

Just glad you got it back!