You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save As…How to choose folder

When you do a Save As from Live Docs in Designer 2, you should get a Files dialog like this one:

image.thumb.png.d33ec236071633262ee6bf39f4d919b2.png

The navigation bar on the left side will let you navigate elsewhere on your iPad or in your network.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/12/2022 at 2:36 PM, walt.farrell said:

When you do a Save As from Live Docs in Designer 2, you should get a Files dialog like this one:

image.thumb.png.d33ec236071633262ee6bf39f4d919b2.png

The navigation bar on the left side will let you navigate elsewhere on your iPad or in your network.

I have one Doc on Live Doc, and when I tap the 3 line icon, I get Save and Save As.  Save As does not give me those options.  

image.thumb.png.ed692fecadde707067ffa51ced623dad.png

I'm also not sure if I should start another thread as when I am actually in the document, I do not have "Save a Copy" as an option.  Have not been able to get a file that iCloud says is saved there to my desktop.

You're too early for those options, @golfortennis. Persevere, and give it the name, and click Save.

59 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

I'm also not sure if I should start another thread as when I am actually in the document, I do not have "Save a Copy" as an option.  Have not been able to get a file that iCloud says is saved there to my desktop.

You're not supposed to have any Saving options within the document, at least in the current retail and beta releases of V2. You Save from Live Docs.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You're too early for those options, @golfortennis. Persevere, and give it the name, and click Save.

You're not supposed to have any Saving options within the document, at least in the current retail and beta releases of V2. You Save from Live Docs.

Thank you.  It appears the issue was the length of time it was taking to save, not the process.  I do see my file where I want it finally.

3 hours ago, TwangerMan said:

As golfortennis said and shows, I also do not get any navigation options in Save As in Live Docs

You tap Save button and then the navigation screen will appear to select a location.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

You tap Save button and then the navigation screen will appear to select a location.🙂

Not for me.  In Live Docs, clicking Save simply "saves" with a brief little pop-up and a spinning thingy while it is saving.  Which is expected behavior for Save.  It is Save As where I would expect a navigation panel to select a location.   I see exactly what golfortennis shows, a little Save/Cancel pop-up dialog where I can change the name, and that is it.

20 minutes ago, TwangerMan said:

Not for me.  In Live Docs, clicking Save simply "saves" with a brief little pop-up and a spinning thingy while it is saving.  Which is expected behavior for Save.  It is Save As where I would expect a navigation panel to select a location.   I see exactly what golfortennis shows, a little Save/Cancel pop-up dialog where I can change the name, and that is it.

Wasn't golfortennis doing a Save As, not a Save? Their screenshot is of the Save part of the dialog when using Save As, I think.

-- Walt
PC:

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Coming back to this as I had forgotten about it at the time.  I had pulled up a video from someone showing V2 and new features, and his menu had Save a Copy.  At 9:03 of this video, his menu is very different from what I have.

(Don't know how to embed with the arrow set to the exact moment.)  But 9:03 would also explain my previous question, since I saw that.  I don't get the sense this fellow is a Serif guy based on what I am seeing but maybe.  Just seems weird he has that.

50 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

and his menu had Save a Copy

It's a bit of a work in progress. 

-- Walt
PC:

5 hours ago, TwangerMan said:

Can’t see the tree for the forest.

No worries, we’ve all been there at some time. Glad you got it sorted.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 weeks later...