You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the best way to purchase the V2 Universal Licence?

I'm still chewing over whether to buy the V2 Universal Licence before the current deal is over, but put off by the number of issues and confusion reported on this forum with some purchases.

So these are my V1 purchases:

• I have the Affinity apps, purchased on the Apple iOS Store
  • I have Photo and Designer, purchased via the Mac OS Store
  • And Publisher purchased directly via Affinity (I also have Windows versions, but not using those now).

What is the best way for me, since I've already purchased from three different locations, to buy the Universal Licence - would it be via the iOS Store (doesn't seem to be available on the Mac OS one), or direct from the Affinity website?

Cheers.

27 minutes ago, monzo said:

I'm still chewing over whether to buy the V2 Universal Licence before the current deal is over ...

Just saw this on a recent Affinity FB posting (aka until 25 January) ...

LAUNCH DISCOUNT EXTENDED!
The response to our brand-new Affinity Version 2 has been so amazing that we’ve decided to extend our launch offer! You can now buy Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Designer 2 and Affinity Publisher 2 with 40% discount until 25 January. The discount is also available on the Affinity Universal Licence, covering all three of our creative software products on Mac, iPad and Windows PC for one unbeatable price – and no subscription.

aff_purchase.jpg.309287a1443270d8277e8b15259274c5.jpg

27 minutes ago, monzo said:

What is the best way for me, since I've already purchased from three different locations, to buy the Universal Licence - would it be via the iOS Store (doesn't seem to be available on the Mac OS one), or direct from the Affinity website?

IMO the best way is nowadays to always buy directly from the Affinity website, since they then have & keep all your account data, together with everything you ever bought and every bonus material etc.!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

@monzo  I would definitely suggest that you purchase the Universal App from the Affinity website.   My Photo2, Designer2, and Publisher2 are all performing without a hitch or a glitch.  They came from the Affinity website.  And if you do decide to purchase, be sure to keep your V1 on your Mac until you have installed V2.  That way you can choose the option to Migrate Content from V1. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

IMO the best way is nowadays to always buy directly from the Affinity website, since they then have & keep all your account data, together with everything you ever bought and every bonus material etc.!

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

@monzo  I would definitely suggest that you purchase the Universal App from the Affinity website.   My Photo2, Designer2, and Publisher2 are all performing without a hitch or a glitch.  They came from the Affinity website.  And if you do decide to purchase, be sure to keep your V1 on your Mac until you have installed V2.  That way you can choose the option to Migrate Content from V1.

Thanks both - yeah sounds like the best option, then if I get any problems with the App stores I can contact them directly.

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Just saw this on a recent Affinity FB posting (aka until 25 January) ...

Ahh...good! Gives me a bit more time to procrastinate!!

Hmmm...I use a different email address for my Mac/iOS Store purchases than the one I use for my Serif account - will this be an issue in activating the iOS purchases if I buy the Universal License via the Affinity Store? If so, is it worth changing the email address in my Serif account first, to match the iOS store email address, or would this muck up previous V1 purchases?

Complicated all this.

Cheers.

@monzo

The fact that those email addresses are different should NOT affect the registration of the app(s) on your iPad.

Clearly, you would need your MAC/iOS AppStore email to access and download the free trial(s) of the app(s) from those stores.  Once downloaded and installed you would simply use your Serif Affinity account email and password to register and activate them. 

As to changing the email address in [your] Serif account, because your purchases from Serif are permanently linked to whichever email you used when you made your first one, that is the email which is your "registered" address for Affinity software and cannot be changed.  It doesn't matter if the email is no longer active or in use, it is, I suppose, the equivalent of your "user name".

HTH

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

24 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

As to changing the email address in [your] Serif account, because your purchases from Serif are permanently linked to whichever email you used when you made your first one, that is the email which is your "registered" address for Affinity software and cannot be changed.  It doesn't matter if the email is no longer active or in use, it is, I suppose, the equivalent of your "user name".

I'm not completely sure what you are trying to say in this paragraph. Sorry if I'm just being dense, but it kind of sounds like you're talking about how V1 products were tied to an email address, and you needed to enter that email addresss and the Product Key to activate a product. And even if you changed the email address associated with your Affinity Store account, to activate the product you would still have to use the old email address.

In V2 we are signing-in to the Affinity Store to perform the activation, and so that would always require the current email address associated with the Affinity Store account.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

@monzo

The fact that those email addresses are different should NOT affect the registration of the app(s) on your iPad.

Clearly, you would need your MAC/iOS AppStore email to access and download the free trial(s) of the app(s) from those stores.  Once downloaded and installed you would simply use your Serif Affinity account email and password to register and activate them. 

HTH

Thanks for the reply.

Bit weird we can't change our contact email address though. I get that usernames are usually locked, but since I registered 8 years ago I'd like to change it to a more relevant, recent one, since the current account may not be in use for much longer.

2 minutes ago, monzo said:

Bit weird we can't change our contact email address though. I get that usernames are usually locked, but since I registered 8 years ago I'd like to change it to a more relevant, recent one, since the current account may not be in use for much longer.

For the Affinity Store: https://affinity.store/account/details

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

5 minutes ago, monzo said:

but if I change the password will it save

Yes, but weren't we talking about email address?

-- Walt
PC:

2 minutes ago, monzo said:

Sorry, I meant email address.

Yes, it will save it in your account.

-- Walt
PC: