You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Location of presets, settings, workspaces, tools etc.

Hi

I recently installed Designer 2.0 and Publisher 2.0 on a Mac where I effortfully set up all the workspaces, application preferences and toolboxes to my liking. Now I have to transfer the Applications onto a new Mac. How can I bring along all the customized settings? Is there a specific location in the OS' preferences library where all the settings are saved? Moving the Affinity Folders from «Application Support» unfortunately didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

• 1 month later...

@zeeloop  Did you solve this?  I have used Migration Assistant, but am sure that there are other wiser souls who might have another way to do this.    I hope that bumping your posting may attract the attention of those who know more about delving into the depths of computers!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

15 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

@zeeloop  Did you solve this?  I have used Migration Assistant, but am sure that there are other wiser souls who might have another way to do this.    I hope that bumping your posting may attract the attention of those who know more about delving into the depths of computers!

Hi. No solution found, so I went through all the settings one by one. But since many tools and functions in Version 2 of the programs changed a lot or got newly introduced, it was a good thing to rethink the old settings anyway.

Serif's developers did a huge leap with the products, great work! 👏🏻

(Didn't use the Migration Assistant because I needed to get rid of many outdated system preferences which haven't got anything to do with Affinity)

@zeeloop  Wonderful!   I am such a happy user of the Affinity apps, and MACS too, and when I spotted your message just now, I really wanted to be sure that you are happily up and running!   Isn't "interface" a pain?  I used Migration Assistant to copy from my iMac to my Macbook Pro, and then had to delete a ton of stuff in order to save some storage space.   Now I am keeping my Macbook Pro on V1 for the time being, until I have everything 2-ish sorted out.  At that point, I will just do a fresh download of each of the V2's from the Affinity Store, and also wrestle with the settings.  Happy New Year!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9