You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop persona noise reduction problem

Hi everyone!

I have huge problem in develop persona. When I do some noise reduction to the picture, it won't stay there after developing the image. Same happened if I tried to do noise reduction after developing and using a noise reduction filter. So what I'm doing wrong?

this form holds more than one topic about that, you are not the only one.

what version of ap are you using? according to the last posts of this thread https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/16204-noise-reduction-on-raw-photo-disappearing-when-i-click-develop-in-affinity-photo-with-sony-slt-a58-image/ the problem has been solved with the latest release (1.4.1), at least for sony raw files.

in the same topic, a user stated that exporting and reloading the image after developing brings the noise reduction effects back.

take care,

stefano

some users realized that the disappearing of the noise reduction after developing was only a display issue, since, after exporting to jpeg and reloading the jpeg into ap, the noise reduction was there as expected. however, i've also read posts where the users complined that the export/reload trick did not work for them. you'll have to try.

i have a canon camera and i did not experienced this kind of problem, until now. if my memory doesn't fail me, it appears to be related to sony cameras mainly, and some nikon.

take care,

stefano