You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Faster workflow possible? I need your help.

Hello,

Since a bigger number of images have to be processed, I am thankful for any hint to accelerate the workflow and to avoid or save actions.

1) When I export an image,

i) I open the dialog for jpg export,

(ii) set the compression ratio to 90% (always reset to 100% for new images  :unsure: , why?),

save the image,

(iii)  close the image, and have to negate to save the affinity file.

Is there a way to accelerate the process to get just the jpg-file.

2) Making adjustments, I almost alway use Exposure, HSL, WB and Shadows. Way do I have to open the dialogs for every single image? Is there a way to keep these dialog windows open by default even when the active image is changed? 

Maybe, there is another different way to accelerate recurring processes at a series of images?

BTW, I am not talking about stack processing, i am talking about reducing hand moves and clicks.

Thank yo for your help.

Regards

pixfan

if you load a jpg file, edit it (non destructively) and click on file=>save, a dialog box will offer to save it flattened (that is not in ap's native format). however, you don't have the chance to modify the quality setting.

about accelerating the process, if you select the adjustments layers, copy them and paste to another pic, you assign that pic exactly the same adjustments you made to the first one. however, if you happened to paint on the adjustment layers to mask them, the trick will work only if the second image needs the same adjustment masking. i guess this could be solved by not painting directly in the adjustment layers, but explicitly assigning them a mask and painting in it: the mask can be deleted or modified as necessary in the second image.

you could also try with LUTs. basically, ap can compare two versions of the same image, the original and the one exported after applying adjustments, and apply the difference between the twos to a third image. i had to read the help, watch the tutorial a couple of times and experiment a bit, but at last i could make that work.

afaik, ap does not implements batch processing (yet).

here's the tutorial about luts:

take care,

stefano

I believe, if I understand your problem correctly.  You might want to consider making your own custom preset in the Export Persona.  At least for the export portion.

Maybe you can make a master file like you want.  Make all the adjustments.  Now keep that file up. Copy that file. Open a new file, and Edit-Paste Style on to the new file.  All of the adjustments you made should be now on your new file, and you can change them accordingly.

Thanks for your reply.

I will have a look at LUTs, thank you very much . The best way would be a configurable develop persona, where I am able to select/specify those adjustment parameters, which are always open.

To the jpg-export topic:

Lets say 8 images are open and i have adjusted them concerning exposure, WB and tones.

Best case: A button press to export them all as jpg-files (at defined compression).

Second best case: One button press for each singel image to get the jpg-files.

Is there an existing way which is most close to this? Is there a way to export "all images" at once?

Best regards

pixfan

1) Good idea, but the dialogs don´t stay open for the next images.

Perhaps, a set of LUTs which cover mostly used adjustments my be a solution. The idea is to pack some adjustments in a LUT, copy and paste the LUT to the next image and start adjustments from that point? Its similar to copy/paste filter adjustments but saved LUTs are available also when AF is started the next time.

2) Isn´t there a possibility to export all open images at one bunch?

If you want to go with a file as a template. I would recommend making a new file with your image set using the 'place' image command from the file menu.  Now complete everything you need from start to finish and save the file as a master.  Open it up, and select the image, and with 'place' at the top context bar you have the option to change or replace the image with a new one.

Sorry, I can not follow.   :)  "Place" places an image upon another.  :huh:

What is the exact step by step procedure, you suggest? 

As yet, I go this way:  I make the main adjustments using one image and copy the adjustment layers from the layer tap to the other images I want to tread similarly.

For the jpg export subject:

I was looking for a faster way but I didn't finde one. Pressing shift alt cmd and S to open the export dialog for every image seems to be the shortest way so far. A short cut such as "Export all open images" would be that helpful. 

So instead of opening up a picture, you create a new document.

Then go to the file menu, select place.

Your file is fit into an image container that you can control.

Your image resizes to object container and you can do all your adjustments as normal.

Save it to a filename. Export it.

Want to change the picture, just select your image object, in the context menu you can replace image.

You picture will change, but everything you have done will still be there.

So instead of opening up a picture, you create a new document.

Then go to the file menu, select place.

Your file is fit into an image container that you can control.

Your image resizes to object container and you can do all your adjustments as normal.

Save it to a filename. Export it.

Want to change the picture, just select your image object, in the context menu you can replace image.

You picture will change, but everything you have done will still be there.