You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stitch line help

I have seen a few threads relating to the lack of a blend tool. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with my specific issue.

I am trying to create a 'stitch line' which i used to achieve with illustrators blend tool also using the blend tool replace spline function. I have attached an image showing what im trying to create and embedded a video hopefully demonstrating better than i can explain.

thanks in advance

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 13.15.06.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, ineedhelp said:

I have seen a few threads relating to the lack of a blend tool. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with my specific issue.

There are threads about sewing patterns or stitch etc. search instead after that topic in the forum!

stitch.jpg.5efb7219959b9f5f900eb3405b7ec9e7.jpg

• One way to do so would be via text on path along a rounded rect (see above)
  • Another to use a stroke with a brush line of //// chars etc. (I used a dot stroke above)

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

21 hours ago, v_kyr said:
  • One way to do so would be via text on path along a rounded rect (see above)
  • Another to use a stroke with a brush line of //// chars etc. (I used a dot stroke above)

Actually, I just found this tutorial for vector shapes along a path and this gave me the idea that you could create a diagonal line, make it a symbol and copy/paste that symbol inside the text frame on the path as often as you like. Then you can change one symbol instance’s line properties (stroke width, line length etc.) and it will change for all symbols.

29 minutes ago, VIPStephan said:

...Then you can change one symbol instance’s line properties (stroke width, line length etc.) and it will change for all symbols.

Yes, or use instead space gapped text slashes/dingsbat symbols or whatever. - As so often, many ways lead to Rome here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2