You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recording macro issues when changing layers

I believe this issue also exists in the production version and is not solved in this Beta.

When you are recording a macro and select a layer above you get the message what to select eg.

image.png.6430fd5171ffaa0f6e21aec86e3327e4.png

However after pressing Select, it asks again? And things gets confusing.. :) Especially when working with child layers etc.

image.png.b027f51c69373aff6cb4ac070f76f856.png

2 hours ago, Zero1 said:

I believe this issue also exists in the production version and is not solved in this Beta.

If so, then please post in the regular bug report forum.

See forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/60-macos-beta-forums:

[…] The purpose of this beta is to give you an opportunity to try the fixes and report on any possible regressions we may have introduced since the current release 2.0.0. This forums are not for reporting bugs found in the release builds or for telling us what is not yet fixed in this beta. […]

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I can confirm this behavior. In particular, I’ve noticed that choosing a parent layer, then clicking “Select”, gives me another instance of the dialog box. However, if I click “Cancel,” the unwanted selection dialog closes and lets me continue recording the macro. Still a bug, but with a workaround.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.