You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 for iPad Customer Beta 2.0.3.1 (Please use the later 2.0.3 release instead)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and updates
Requirements: Licensed Affinity Designer 2 for iPad (registered to an Affinity ID account)
App Store: Not Submitted
TestFlight: 
https://testflight.apple.com/join/g1ygf6P7

We are pleased to announce that the first Affinity Designer 2 for iPad Customer Beta 2.0.3.1 is now available.

This beta is an update to the 2.0.0 version recently released to all customers and will form the basis of our first patch. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

- Trash can added bottom left for quick delete (command controller toggle now moved to burger menu)
- Shape Builder Tool now has an additional option to delete open curves that were inside a newly created area - more to come...

- Warp Group editing now supports the Shift modifier to lock node edits to an 8-axis grid. Also can be used with off-curve nodes to maintain their angle while dragging them
- Clearer drop zone indication for dropping layers inside
- New document and open buttons on Home Screen now expand additional options by default (without needing to swipe down) to make them more easily discoverable
- New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
- Fixed spurious future version error under certain circumstances
- Update for HEIF importer
- Export Panel UI fixes
- Pen tool tweaks and fixes
- Split and Reverse missing from Node Tool
- Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
- Tweaks to fix some spurious behaviour on interaction with Apple Autocorrect
- Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
- OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
- Resource Manager updates
- Fixed various issues involving handling of placed document files
- Fixed crash on Replace Image
- Fixes for Drag Drop of Stock images
- Placed documents with bleed can fail to render the bleed correctly
- Command Controller positioning improvements
- Fixes for Display Scale Zoomed
- Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
- Status bar layout / clipping fixes
- Document grid fixes
- Context menu fixes
- Fixed assigning shortcuts from a keyboard cover
- Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
- Unable to open Guide or Grid settings after dismissing by tapping the canvas
- Localisation updates

These are impressive updates! 

There are a few old bugs that Serif is clearly aware of (they’re reported already here in the forums), like Palettes reverting to Recent Colours when using Add Current Fill, or Compact Mode not showing group thumbnails, zoom outside the Artboard is pushing you off so having resources too far outside the artboard is not possible, etc — so I don’t think these bugs deserve new posts — edit, but if I’ll find anything new, I wont hesitate to post back. So far in 2 hours, no new issues.

Again — really good improvements, and plenty! :) 

(I hope I’m allowed to post here)

Edited by iulian

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

Wow. This is awesome. You guys ACTUALLY listened to your users and provided a monthly beta update with things you fixed. How amazing! 4 years it took you. That was so fast. You just release v2 about a month ago. Shout out to your developers. Seriously. Shout out to them. Look at this outline! Im excited to go through it. This is a step forward in restoring my faith in you, Serif. This does something to me emotionally in my heart. Im happy and excited to beta test and provide feedback. 

As Iulian says, a few reported issues still to be addressed but overall a great effort. These are great apps and you guys should be very proud of what you have achieved.🥇👏

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

5 hours ago, ShelvsHOTpencil said:

Why does all the betas have different emails?

I'm not sure what you mean.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 12/14/2022 at 3:53 AM, Skippy said:

Does this fix the rendering issues that have been reported a couple times when an iPad with iPadOS 16 and Display Zoom is set to more space?

and

On 12/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, Schnak said:

Does this solve the problems of full screen rendering on external display with iPadOS 16.2?

I don't believe so, no

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 hours ago, ShelvsHOTpencil said:

I am, referring to the app detail for the betas on test flight.

Maybe the different email is for the different teams?

Looks like those email addresses are each for a specific developer, possibly the team lead for the app.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

30 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Looks like those email addresses are each for a specific developer, possibly the team lead for the app.

Yes, that’s exactly what those email addresses are: MattP for Designer, AndyS for Photo, and AdamW for Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.