Xavez

Scroll to and highlight active layer in layers list

When I select a layer, it would be nice if the layer list scrolls so that the selected layer is visible in the layers panel. Another thing to consider is whether it would be nice to auto-expand collapsed groups if you select a layer. But this is secondary – I understand the complex UI considerations here :-).

See Bohemian Coding’s Sketch for the kind of behaviour I mean.

This could really help to make Affinity Designer a more productive tool for me.

Xavez, you probably already know about this, but if you have selected something in a layer, if you right-click on it to pop up the contextual menu, the last item on that menu is "Find in layers Panel," which will scroll the layers panel to its layer, expanding as necessary to show it if it is a collapsed child layer.

Not quite what you want but it can be a real timesaver for documents that have lots of layers.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

@MEB thank you for the feedback. Too bad this is not on the roadmap yet, but I understand :-).

@R C-R I did not, in fact. Thank you so much, although it is cumbersome, this already helps a lot!