You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Banner sign graphic - resolution

Hi Hoots, 

It's probably best to get that information from the place that's producing the 6ft banner, most production places have a set of specifications and standards that they require. 

If their information looks like gibberish to you, let me have a look and maybe I can clarify it. 

Hope this is helpful, 

Paul. 

I work with creating banners all the time and if it's going to have photos on it then I would send no smaller that 200 dpi, can get by with 150dpi though. Enter the size change it to the dpi and then color is CMYK.

Hi evtonic3, 

Have you had any issues with PDF's exported at 150-200 dpi and 6ft deep or wide? 

Some banner makers prefer 300 dpi at half the finished size and then they enlarge to 200% during output (effective resolution of 150 dpi). 

Paul. 

Hi evtonic3, 

Have you had any issues with PDF's exported at 150-200 dpi and 6ft deep or wide? 

Some banner makers prefer 300 dpi at half the finished size and then they enlarge to 200% during output (effective resolution of 150 dpi). 

Paul. 

None.

I have done some in 300dpi, half the size then they resize it.