You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vektor is no vector, why?

hey there! I want to create vector outlines, the guideline is to color it 100% magenta and call it "kiss_cut" - which I did. when I was sending it to the printer, they shall cut on these vectors (some very different stickers all with a different outline) BUT now they tell me it is not vector based. why?

what I did, I work with affinity publisher, I drew with the Path tool (P) around each sticker and made it a 1pt contour line in 100% magenta, called "kiss_cut" and then I export a PDF/X-3 to send it to the printer. 

So please, can you tell me why they got problems now, why is it not vector based, what shall I do to vector base it? thank you!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-07 um 22.57.36.png

Edited by juliebm

9 hours ago, juliebm said:

So please, can you tell me why they got problems now, why is it not vector based, what shall I do to vector base it? thank you!

Hard to tell from just a screenshot. Normally works without an issue. Did you use FX, adjustments or non-vector brushes? Could you share your Affinity document here for further inspection?

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Always include the layers panel in a screenshot and any layers that are relevant expanded to see what's in them. The file would also help and I suspect there is rasterisation on export if these graphics are vectors. During export I would check under the Advanced section and in particular the Rasterise option can be set to Nothing.

1846089930_Screenshot2022-12-08at08_08_51.png.7237489d7b088661bc455bb91aafc66e.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

14 hours ago, juliebm said:

BUT now they tell me it is not vector based. why?

Another guess: If the printer refers with "it" to the magenta ink channel while black objects are rasterized + contain magenta, too, then it / magenta is not vector only.

Then one solution would require a black definition without magenta – or a spot colour for the cut contour curves: Since the contours are not meant to get printed but cut only the extra channel would have to get ignored for the printing.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1