You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 (Windows) (Please use the later 2.0.3 release instead)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and Updates

Requirements: Licensed Affinity Designer 2 (registered to an Affinity ID account)

Windows Store: Not Submitted

Download: MSIX Download

Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that the first Affinity Designer 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 is now available as a download from the link above.

Please note: We are working on an equivalent MSI/EXE installer to ALSO be available before the time this 2.0.3.x beta cycle finishes, and becomes a public release.

This beta is an update to the 2.0.0 version recently released to all customers and will form the basis of our first patch for 2.0.0. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

---

• New Document: Custom Document Preset order is not retained between app sessions
  • Current DPI of selected layer does not show in V2
  • Shape Builder Tool now has an additional option to delete open curves that were inside a newly created area, plus you can now hold Alt to delete areas while still in Add mode - more to come...
  • Warp Group editing now supports the Shift modifier to lock node edits to an 8-axis grid. Also can be used with off-curve nodes to maintain their angle while dragging them
  • Modifying Global Colour swatch fails to update document until you click out of the Colour Selector
  • Sliders for Warp Group are broken
  • Using the Select object/ transparency object selects all objects
  • Symbols - Delinked nodes get forgotten when swapping out nodes from synchronised instances
  • Shape Builder Tool: Alt to delete on rotated shapes fails
  • Shape Builder Tool: sometimes drags out a selection marquee
  • Shape Builder Tool: functional improvements on some shapes
  • Placed documents with bleed fail to render the top and left side correctly
  • Quotes can be incorrectly put on newlines and cause text to render differently compared to V1
  • Straightening in the Develop Persona offsets the image from the canvas entirely, until developed or crashes
  • Transform Panel- Differences in panel size when switching between Curve strokes and expanded objects
  • Cmd+Z / Ctrl+Z isn't working in V2 apps for adjustments
  • Outline Layer Effect is making the anti-aliased edges transparent, rather than blending with the shapes colour
  • Quick Access to Node Tool no longer allows you to insert node
  • Fixed spurious "future version" error under certain circumstances
  • Improvements with PDF Import and Layers
  • Fixes for RTF import - font name discrepancies, fields in footnotes
  • Update for HEIF importer
  • DWG Import scaling improvements
  • DWG file takes a long time to open then shows incorrectly (file specific).
  • Export Panel UI fixes
  • Fixed some tool drawing issues relating to selections across spreads etc
  • Pen tool tweaks and fixes
  • Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
  • OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
  • Hit box of scaled text could be incorrect
  • Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
  • Fixes for line breaking in some odd cases with punctuation
  • Resource Manager updates
  • Light UI Improvements
  • Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
  • Clipboard: 32 bit DIB support added
  • Auto Flow Place: Added an option to auto-flow place to replace the content of already populated picture frames
  • More attributes are retained when replacing images in frames
  • Ensure global colour edits update live
  • Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
  • New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
  • Localisation updates

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Designer update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Designer customers, please follow this release announcement thread

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

well, I installed it. after this apparently misplaced posting appeared the next day -- and it absolutely refuses to let me activate.

I even changed my store password, after which the store let me in as ever, but still this 'msix' beta doesn't.

Maybe m$ mean what they say, when the say it's going to be wonderful, but isn't yet....

6 hours ago, narrationsd said:

and it absolutely refuses to let me activate.

Have you already purchased a V2 license for Designer 2 on Windows, or a Universal License?

You can't run the beta if you're only using a Trial license.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/9/2022 at 4:10 AM, walt.farrell said:

Have you already purchased a V2 license for Designer 2 on Windows, or a Universal License?

Walt, thank you, yes, I purchased a Universal license the day of the announcement, and successfully installed on iPad and Win10, so far, so great.

And today, when I try it once again, the already-installed Beta activated successfully, runs fine though it asked me to verify a second time, to  get the downloadable content able to access.

I appreciate your help here over the long term, as I've had v1 licensing also for a number of years, and contributed here on betas.

What I surmise is according to observed, as follows:

- a few days ago, I got an email announcement of the beta v2, from following the proper place in the forumt

- this announcement linked to a posting here, which didn't exist. Nothing existed in the area, and this lasted if I remember for more than a day

- eventually a posting showed up -- not the referenced one -- and gave download details. I downloaded and installed -- wherever those installs are going...

- this is where I came up against the absolute refusal to activate, with perfectly good  old password, and when I changed my store login password, just to see. I could always go right into the store itself. 

- that's whenI made the post above, which seemed this morning to have been disappeared from the beta forum...hmm.

- this morning, Saturday here in the Americas, I had a look at the forum, and could see your reply because a notification lit...

- to prepare to reply, I wound up the beta again, with vpn turned off as too many sites don't like those, as I had originally also, and this time the activation occurred immediately and smoothly, if needing somehow to be done twice, as above.

- the beta also runs fine, with a lot of improvements listed to be appreciated, as always

My conclusion is that whatever was horsed up to cause the original posting not to appear, or led to its being taken down, was still horsed up in ways that caused the activation server not to work, and this lasted long enough for me to run into it. 

Eventually, this has apparently been unwound. Maybe my posting will reappear as well, or otherwise I'll attempt to DM you with the above :)

Best,
Clive

p.s. if you read this in an email notification, I've edited to clarify one or two points, and to remove the impression I had that my original post had been disappeared -- instead, it was as a reply to Patrick's announcement, and thus not showing in the forum posts listing -- quite rightly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.