You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A good suggestion, as long as the original file doesn’t contain any editable text. Text in an Affinity file is rasterized on export to PSD, so it will no longer be editable when the PSD file is reopened in an Affinity app.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I rely on AP for digital painting so very little text involved....so after having so much trouble with the AP A2's liquify tool , which I rely on so much,

I took the "same file" now saved as a PSD file and went into the liquify tool of AP V 1 and the tool worked like a charm.... super fast, within a second whereas the same file in AP V 2 took ~ 2 minutes to perform its function..

Don't see any reason for me to use AP V2 and will stick with AP V1 until Serif fixes the V2 liquify tool.

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

as long as the original file doesn’t contain any editable text

If it does, export as PDF as well, and combine the best parts of both.

Either that, or open v1 and v2 side by side, copy in v2, paste into v1.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2