You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global Colors/Current Palette Bug

Here is my experience with the Global Colors problem.

Created a Document Palette. ‘Upon adding a Global Color to the palette, I can’t add another one. Why not? I’m in my newly created palette…

Wrong. 

Menu says I’m in my created palette. I’m actually in Recents. I need to switch to my created palette, that the menu says I’m already in, in order to add more Global Colors.

‘I’m going to go ahead and call this a bug. Who’s with me?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gabe said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. Can you still replicate this issue in the latest 2.0.3 update? 

Create Pallettes working correctly with global colours and fills since 2.0.3.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I have the exact same problem but with the normal fill color. I create a palette, add the first fill color to the palette and then I can’t add another one because even if it says I’m in my new palette I am not. I’m in recent instead, like ThirtyFiveThousand in the first post. His video describe perfectly what happen. I’ve checked and I have version 2.0.3 of Affinity Designer for iPad. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Do I have to wait for an update? Thank you.

22 hours ago, EsseEffe said:

create a palette, add the first fill color to the palette and then I can’t add another one

Could you provide a screen recording showing the steps you take. Also iPad details and iOS version.

It is currently working fine for me.🤔

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

23 hours ago, EsseEffe said:

Hello everyone!

I have the exact same problem but with the normal fill color. I create a palette, add the first fill color to the palette and then I can’t add another one because even if it says I’m in my new palette I am not. I’m in recent instead, like ThirtyFiveThousand in the first post. His video describe perfectly what happen. I’ve checked and I have version 2.0.3 of Affinity Designer for iPad. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Do I have to wait for an update? Thank you.

Hi @EsseEffe,

It’s still a bug in 2.0.3; it’s still under investigation according to Serif, but as far as I can tell the standalone apps are not affected, only the StudioLink. You can add to the topic bellow if you have new info and you wish to.

Regards.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

Thank you @DM1 and @iuli .

I made some test and I attach the screen recording videos so you can see too. 
If I create a new document palette all work as it is supposed to do. The problem is with the application palette.

I have an iPad Air 3 with iPadOS 16.2.

Edited by EsseEffe
I’ve made some mistakes and attached screen recording files