You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I Import Serif Page Plus files into Affinity Publisher and update?

For many years I was a happy user of Serif PagePlus.  I forget what the last update was (X10?), but after a while it wouldn't work on my updated Windows computer, so I've lost it.  But I still have files created with it and would like to know if they can be loaded/imported into Affinity Publisher 2 and updated.

By accident I just discovered Affinity Publisher and that it's apparently still from Serif.

Bob Sellman

If you had PagePlus you could export the files as PDF and open the PDF files in Publisher but Affinity cannot import the proprietary PagePlus files directly.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

For Single or few page document, PDF is a workaround for a PagePlus File.

But honestly PDF is a worst suggestion to import a multi page Page Plus File.

If you have a copy of PP then I world suggest use it. It is still better than Publisher 1.0 (I have no idea about 2.0)

Thank you for anything & everything.

‘‘কেউ শুধালে বোলো, আমি কাছের তো নই দূরের কেউ৷ সাগর বেলায় ধাক্কা দিয়ে মিলিয়ে যাওয়া প্রবল ঢেউ।’’ - নাদিয়া জামান

FWIW: The last version of PagePlus was X9, and it still works well on Windows 10.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Legacy Range Universal Registration Key

Serif legacy customers no longer need to register their legacy software by phone or online. Any legacy software (PagePlus, WebPlus, DrawPlus, PhotoPlus etc) that requests a registration key can use this Universal Registration Key 

..that's it, just type that and the registration dialog will go away.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

28 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

FWIW: The last version of PagePlus was X9, and it still works well on Windows 10.

And I still have a copy of PP9 along with X9 in my win 10 laptop. 😁 and both works till today. 😆

Thank you for anything & everything.

‘‘কেউ শুধালে বোলো, আমি কাছের তো নই দূরের কেউ৷ সাগর বেলায় ধাক্কা দিয়ে মিলিয়ে যাওয়া প্রবল ঢেউ।’’ - নাদিয়া জামান

• 1 month later...

i am having problems with this too,except its with photoplus X4

so from what i have seen here so what everybodys saying is i have to put this into a PDF before i can use it

i have thousands of things ive made with the X4 i started using this since windows XP yes its been that longwhen i get done doing my projects i save them on 1 of those

portable hard drives,reason i still have so many of them & i might elements in some of it to make something else,my X4 that i have been using for years even on the current version of windows it still works ,kinda now,everytime i get a update from windows it does something to x4 takes forever & a day to get it working right,some of the elements on x4 dont work now ,so last night i uploaded a free version of this its like x4 but its differnt with some added goodies its missing something though

where is the deform tool?, its 1 of these things i use a lot ,its not there is there a workaround for this i would like to know

bmbjr

20 minutes ago, billah59 said:

so from what i have seen here so what everybodys saying is i have to put this into a PDF before i can use it

If you're dealing with photos I'd suggest saving in an image format (PNG, JPG, TIFF etc) rather than as a PDF.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

35 minutes ago, billah59 said:

some of my renders i have done have quite the layers ,it seems to me its alot of unnessary work to use them again

What is stopping you from continuing to use PhotoPlus X4 for your older work?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1