You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why is my Layers panel expand triangle so dark?

For some reason, the triangle icon that shows whether or not a layer is expanded does not look the same as in any recent tutorial video or screenshot here or on the web. The attached file shows the difference.

It is the same for AP & AD -- in both of them on my system the triangle is black on a very dark grey circular background, almost impossible to see because the contrast is so low.

I am currently running OS X 10.11.3 & the latest 1.4.1 Affinity versions, but the triangles have looked like this ever since the circular background was added to the UI.

Changing the UI Gamma & Background grey level has no effect on this.

post-3524-0-95316300-1454102338_thumb.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I tried resetting both apps but it made no difference. What now?

EDIT: OK, I figured out what is causing this & ironically enough it is because in System Preferences > Accessibility > Display, I use the "Increase contrast" setting which (according to Apple Help) is supposed to "increase the contrast of items on the screen (such as borders around buttons or boxes) without changing the contrast of the screen itself."

Since the triangles are not borders & this option does not affect similar UI elements in other apps, I'm calling this a bug in the Affinity apps, if a minor one.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7