You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 (Windows) (Please use the later 2.0.3 release instead)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and Updates
Requirements: Licensed Affinity Publisher 2 (registered to an Affinity ID account)
Windows Store: Not Submitted
Download: MSIX Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that the first Affinity Publisher 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 is now available as a download from the link above.

Please note: We are working on an equivalent MSI/EXE installer to ALSO be available before the time this 2.0.3.x beta cycle finishes, and becomes a public release.

This beta is an update to the 2.0.0 version recently released to all customers and will form the basis of our first patch for 2.0.0. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

---

Known Issues

- PDF Layers can failing to import for opened and placed PDFs. This is a regression over the 2.0.0 release.

---

Updates and Fixes

- New Document: Custom Document Preset order is not retained between app sessions
- afpackage fails to find Resources on Open
- Fixed spurious future version error under certain circumstances
- Improvements with PDF Import and Layers
- Fixes for RTF import - font name discrepancies, fields in footnotes
- Update for HEIF importer
- DWG Import scaling improvements
- Opening and closing chapters in a Book can leave the files locked / read only
- Crash opening a bunch of chapters from a Book simultaneously
- Export Panel UI fixes
- Preview exported PDF fails on Book exports
- Fix for export of Books with Bleed
- Fix for Booklet printing model
- Fixed some tool drawing issues relating to selections across spreads etc
- Pen tool tweaks and fixes
- Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
- OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
- Hit box of scaled text could be incorrect
- Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
- Fixes for line breaking in some odd cases with punctuation
- Merge runs of tabs using leaders
- Resource Manager updates
- Fixed various issues involving handling of placed document files
- Placed documents with bleed can fail to render the bleed correctly
- Light UI Improvements
- Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
- Clipboard: 32 bit DIB support added
- Auto Flow Place: Added an option to auto-flow place to replace the content of already populated picture frames
- More attributes are retained when replacing images in frames
- Pages Panel, double clicking does not zoom page to view
- Ensure global colour edits update live
- Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
- New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
- Localisation updates

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this release announcement thread

Hi !

The problem of linked files disappearing seems solved. Images returned in files that had this problem. 🤘

Windows 10 21H2 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz - 16,0 Go - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

• Staff
3 hours ago, Pedrober said:

I would be very grateful if someone could confirm that footnotes are not supported yet in IDML import in this Beta.

They are not yet supported, no. Only footnotes imported from Word files have been implemented so far.

The purpose of 2.0.3 is to fix a number of issues affecting the 2.0.0 release. New features and improvements will come in future more major releases like 2.1, 2.2 etc , and I hope for your sake this is one of those

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I am grateful for all the hard work you guys do for us especially through the holidays! This beta fixes all my issues with it and I can now proceed with using V2.

• Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.