You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My tendency: Not using V2 right now

To make it clear: I like the Affinities. A lot. And I highly appreciate the work Serif puts into it. But V2 is plagued by a massive amount of bugs, which reminds me of the (German?) term "Banana software, which ripes at the customer".

Has Serif to rethink QA? I have this feeling over some bugs, which should not be part of a retail version. So for now, I am using V2 for unimportant projects, learning to master the new software / features and bug hunting (not MY task so to speak).

Serif did not met the hype about V2, but I have high hopes, that they will fix the bugs and deliver a stable V2 I can enjoy for daily work.

I am sorry for the mild rant here from a faithful customer. 🙄

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Hi 

1 hour ago, joe_l said:

To make it clear: I like the Affinities. A lot. And I highly appreciate the work Serif puts into it. But V2 is plagued by a massive amount of bugs, which reminds of the (German?) term "Banana software, which ripes at the customer".

Has Serif to rethink QA? I have this feeling over some bugs, which should not be part of a retail version. So for now, I am using V2 for unimportant projects, learning to master the new software / features and bug hunting (not MY task so to speak).

Serif did not met the hype about V2, but I have high hopes, that they will fix the bugs and delivers a stable V2 I can enjoy for daily work.

I am sorry for the mild rant here from a faithful customer. 🙄

I agree with that 

Affinity has been a life-changer for me, but...I am also waiting for the next V2 updates. Right now, V2 doesn't feel finished and I am a bit anxious to use it for larger projects. There are all these small things, like Publisher 2 not maintaining the proper proportions of the page previews, that make me feel uneasy. I have a bunch of objections regarding the UI, but even if I'd ignore all the "cosmetic" issues, the software is still not stable enough. I am glad that Serif is still providing updates for V1, because I am not ready to switch to V2 just yet. People are giving a lot of feedback, so hopefully the Serif team will start implementing some very-needed corrections. And maybe they'll fix the New and Export panels too. That would be nice. 🙂

Until then, V2 is back on the shelf for later use. 

I also continue to use only the V1, which works well and stably on my computer. After some testing I think that the current V2 is immature and since my current projects don't allow me to play the beta tester, I didn't install V2 on my work computer.

I bought the V2 as soon as it was released and even though it only introduced part of the features I was hoping for, I am grateful for these and other improvements (including the universal license) and look forward to more features in the coming updates.

For three years, I've found V1 to be a reliable Adobe replacement that performs well enough to leave the top dog. This created a certain trust in Serif, which is why I reacted calmly to the current development status of the V2. Despite the problematic start, my overall impression is rather positive.

I assume or rather hope that Serif will be able to fix the software soon. Then V2 would definitely be a step forward.