You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page numbers not right in "book"

I am very excited to to use the book feature and have made an experiment using and yet unfinished book of short stories. I separate some of the stories into APub by saving as the name of the story and deleted the rest, others I just deleted text in an already separate story and replaced it with the new text. Everything work as expected except the page numbering which is all over the place. are there limitations or best practices I do not know about yet that could fix this? This is a feature I would like to use to sell a client on using Affinity over a 15 year version of Quark Xpress, which I honestly have never liked since it was released. 

Please provide more info on what you mean by "all over the place", and also about how you wanted the numbers to end up (sequentially from 1 to n across the complete book, or something else).

What Synchronize settings are you using for numbers, etc. in your Book settings.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt, the numbering in the list of of files is wrong (see image) but also when I save the book out as PDF the pages number within each story are not sequential. One story starts on page 13 as it should, but the next pages are pages 1,2 and 3. I have tried every setting I could find to be honest as I was playing around with the feature and grabbing at anything I could. I have deleted and started over several times but the same problem arises. None of the stinking seems to change anything. I feel like there is a good way to set up the files before making the book that I am not aware of or messed up somehow. 

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 12.40.43.png

Thanks for that screenshot.

Another question: Are you using Sections in any of the chapter files?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/6/2022 at 12:50 PM, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for that screenshot.

Another question: Are you using Sections in any of the chapter files?

Hello Walt

I settled the page number problem buy starting over again with the problematic chapters and it worked. I also added sections to a couple of them as a test and that produced the same numbering issue so if anyone is having this problem that is the first thing they should check out. This was my "test" project for V@ and it crashed the app a few times until a moderator  saw that there was a problem linking to the illustration folder and I think that might have damaged my files in some way. Who knows? Not me. I only know it works now!  Thanks for your input!