You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data Merge(V2) pulling wrong field

I just installed V2 today and was alarmed when the fields displayed in my output were incorrect. I thought something had changed in my data file. However, when I checked, everything was fine. Ran the V1 file that I had backed up (fortunately) and it pulled the correct data field from the XLSX file.

I've attached what the source file looks like, the starting point and results for both V1 and V2 using the same Excel file.

Jerome

Publisher_V2_Data_Merge_Error.jpg

Hi, @Jerome W,
In order to be able to reproduce the phenomenon, could you provide an AFPUB file and the corresponding XLSX file that shows this malfunction?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

Thanks for the feedback. I checked the columns for untitled columns and blanks, didn't find any. I simplified the excel file to keep just 1 record, remove every other worksheet (had no issues with another V2 file where the datasource only included one worksheet), replace formulas with values, and removed additional fields. I also reduced the .afpub file to just 2 layouts (4 pages) and am getting the same results.

I've attached both the .afpub and .xlsx file (columns not read properly highlighted in red). 

Thanks.  

Jerome

Weekly Planner - Horizontal - 1 Pg - A5_simplfied.afpub DigitalPlanner_Data.xlsx

Interesting. The .xlsx file had the same issue, but the .csv file worked as expected. I'm going to try installing Publisher on an older computer to see what happens. I switched from InDesign to Publisher to get away from having to export .csv files (among other issues). I may have to go back to exporting CSV files (at least on this computer☹️).

Jerome

I did some more testing. If I use anything other than custom formatting in the Excel file to display the date, the file works fine. I tried putting letters, unformatted dates and date formulas in the Excel file and they all worked fine. Looks like I'll have to use the "=TEXT(date,"D")  formula rather than custom formatting in Excel to display the days. Weird that it works for other people (and in Publisher V1). I wonder if there's some hidden parameter that effects how Publisher reads from Excel.

Jerome 

The behaviour seems normal on my computer on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and everything appears to be correct.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?