You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You can use a live gaussian blur filter if that's what you mean?

Or go to the 'filter' menu and select gaussian blur - both methods will blur out the entire image.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

2 minutes ago, duke22 said:

yea no issue doing it for individual image but I have 8 images in there and was wondering if I could not just put one layer over all images

Yes. Place a live blur layer on top of the layer stack.

Screenshot (4784).png

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

Or group whatever (images) you want blurred and add the gaussian blur layer to the group.

Everything outside the group will remain unblurred

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

Yes. Place a live blur layer on top of the layer stack.

Screenshot (4784).png

Yea tried that but it did not seem to work in Designer 2 had to blur each image individually, how do you create the layer creating a blank new layer and applying blurr FX does nothing

Just now, duke22 said:

Yea tried that but it did not seem to work in Designer 2 had to blur each image individually, how do you create the layer creating a blank new layer and applying blurr FX does nothing

Ah! I thought you were using Photo and not Designer.

As I am not a Designer user, I can't help you with that. Someone who actually uses the program will be more useful than me.

@duke22, are you creating a live blur layer

8 minutes ago, duke22 said:

This should work:

First, put all the image layers into one group, for instance by selecting all of them & using Group on the Layer menu. Now, with the group selected in the Layers panel, click on the Layer Effects icon or choose Layer Effects... from the Layers menu. In the window that opens, tick the checkmark for Gaussian Blur at the end of the column on the left & add the blur with the Radius slider or by entering the radius in the text field next to it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

17 hours ago, R C-R said:

@duke22, are you creating a live blur layer

This should work:

First, put all the image layers into one group, for instance by selecting all of them & using Group on the Layer menu. Now, with the group selected in the Layers panel, click on the Layer Effects icon or choose Layer Effects... from the Layers menu. In the window that opens, tick the checkmark for Gaussian Blur at the end of the column on the left & add the blur with the Radius slider or by entering the radius in the text field next to it.

did it individually now but yes grouping is a good idea