You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Development Status - Where is Affinity 1.5 Beta?

If you guys could only add the feature "select with the same colour" "selct with the same stroke size" I would be sooo happy ;) Comparing with the other cool stuff you plan to add - this should be doable? 

Thanks for the reply MEP... Yes I read it somewhere else - I was just wondering why not add these little essential features first, that make working with AD so much easier before opening new cases to work on with these new bigger features you plan to add ;) I think this feature (select by...) is really essential for many users!

• Staff

Cool. Any app to live preview on device?

Any addon to export to HTML/CSS and Swift code maybe? Clients would love that extra part. :D

Err... 'yes', actually... (on the App preview side of the question)... but you'll have to wait until the latter part of the beta before it (and the associated parts of Designer 1.5) becomes available :)

• Staff

Thanks for the reply MEP... Yes I read it somewhere else - I was just wondering why not add these little essential features first, that make working with AD so much easier before opening new cases to work on with these new bigger features you plan to add ;) I think this feature (select by...) is really essential for many users!

Hi MarkEwi,

We do plan to add this (as MEB suggested) but the reason we haven't done it yet is that we don't want to add a half-baked version before we add the full thing... our version of 'Find...' will be live, dynamic and allow for far more interesting searches to be made - but there's no point doing something twice - it's twice as much UI work (which takes ages) and more opportunity for bugs to lurk, we just want the time to do it right first time. I know it's not what you were wanting to hear, but the finished results will be worth it :)

Thanks,

Matt

Err... 'yes', actually... (on the App preview side of the question)... but you'll have to wait until the latter part of the beta before it (and the associated parts of Designer 1.5) becomes available :)

And the code generator?

any cloner/array tool in 1.5?

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Hi MarkEwi,

We do plan to add this (as MEB suggested) but the reason we haven't done it yet is that we don't want to add a half-baked version before we add the full thing... our version of 'Find...' will be live, dynamic and allow for far more interesting searches to be made - but there's no point doing something twice - it's twice as much UI work (which takes ages) and more opportunity for bugs to lurk, we just want the time to do it right first time. I know it's not what you were wanting to hear, but the finished results will be worth it :)

Thanks,

Matt

Do you remember this Matt? https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/8284-object-searching-and-selection-sets/;)

Hey Guys, Just wanted to say, really looking forward to 1.5 beta.

It's going to make a substantial improvement to my workflow and increase productivity. Much of what I do at the moment involves 'placed' objects which is OK but not optimal to set up or view changes across a design in real time. The symbols (instancing) will replace this, which is very exciting. In addition I can't wait to try out the new constraints feature as like in the example video my UI designs have to work on multiple screen aspect rations. So two massive features which are the beating heart of what I do most days.

Only tricky bit now is knowing when it's out. After upgrading to 1.4.2 and removing the beta I'll no longer get the 'new beta' notification so will have to check the website each day - don't cry for me, I'm good for it :)  Actually... I wonder if the release version could have an option to inform users of new betas or state what the latest beta version is somewhere in the preferences - just a little idea!!!

Keep up the amazing work. 

I believe the Export Persona is getting some extra love in the 1.5 release, but I wondered does part of that involve improvements in slice snapping? One thing that is the most time-consuming for me in exporting UI elements/images is when switching over to the Export Persona, almost always the default slice adds a couple of extra pixels to one side of an object because (even with pixel snapping turned on), the parent artboard doesn't always seem to align to a whole pixel. So I have to nudge the parent artboard around until it it better aligns with the pixel grid then adjust the slice accordingly.

I know the standard answer is that the new beta will get here when it gets here but I have some UI design work to do and I REALLY want the features in the new beta as they will be very helpful. I know that the previous ETA was end of the month. As we are in the last week and a half I have to ask this week or next week or is it going to need to be pushed back a bit further? :(

Thanks for all the great work! Keep it up!

• Staff

I know the standard answer is that the new beta will get here when it gets here but I have some UI design work to do and I REALLY want the features in the new beta as they will be very helpful. I know that the previous ETA was end of the month. As we are in the last week and a half I have to ask this week or next week or is it going to need to be pushed back a bit further? :(

Thanks for all the great work! Keep it up!

I'm still trying my best for tomorrow - it depends how things work out. Worst case is Monday, hopefully. Don't hold me to it, etc, etc - but I'm trying very hard to make it happen tomorrow :)

I'm still trying my best for tomorrow - it depends how things work out. Worst case is Monday, hopefully. Don't hold me to it, etc, etc - but I'm trying very hard to make it happen tomorrow :)

Are you ready for a high peak of forum visits tomorrow?  :D

Now let’s join our hands and pray: «Our Father developer…»

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.