You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 AD Candidates are not being highlighted from being hovered over

I made a simple drawing with 3 shapes to test how V2 AD worked.  I found that with most options selected in the Snapping dialog box it still didn't highlight the candidates until I went to the selected layer.  In V1 it would have selected the layers as I hovered over them.  Shouldn't this have done so?  See attached video.

Temp1.afdesign

This was done on a 2020 27" iMac running Ventura 13.0.1.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

I think you are wanting something to happen when you move the mouse over the things. That is not how the snapping works. Drag the objects and they will snap.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I think you are wanting something to happen when you move the mouse over the things. That is not how the snapping works. Drag the objects and they will snap.

But you can pick which objects you want to be candidates before doing a drag and snap.  By hovering over the intended candidates.  That's what I was trying to do.

5 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

But you can pick which objects you want to be candidates before doing a drag and snap.  By hovering over the intended candidates.  That's what I was trying to do.

No. That is not how snapping works. Grab the rectangle shape and drag it around, it will start snapping to things and locations.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

No. That is not how snapping works. Grab the rectangle shape and drag it around, it will start snapping to things and locations.

That's snapping I'm talking about selecting candidates.

• Staff

Hi @Gear maker,
That's because in your video you only have drew 3 objects but the Maximum is set to 6 objects so by default the first six objects you drew are automatically set as snapping candidates - hovering them will not highlight them (we only highlight new snapping candidates, not existing ones). Only after you draw the seventh, the first one you drew can be highlighted on hovering because it's no longer considered a snapping candidate (the last 6 you drew are the new snapping candidates - the first one had to be "released" because the max allowed is six).

19 hours ago, MEB said:

That's because in your video you only have drew 3 objects but the Maximum is set to 6 objects so by default the first six objects you drew are automatically set as snapping candidates - hovering them will not highlight them (we only highlight new snapping candidates, not existing ones). Only after you draw the seventh, the first one you drew can be highlighted on hovering because it's no longer considered a snapping candidate (the last 6 you drew are the new snapping candidates - the first one had to be "released" because the max allowed is six).

Hi MEB,

Okay, I can live with that seeing as there won't be many drawings with fewer objects than the max candidates.  It was just weird that sometimes they were all highlighted and other times none were highlighted.  Thank you for looking at it.  Mike