You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.4.2 - Beta 1)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is an Incremental Bug-Fix release - it should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4.1) and should be used in preference to that build, if you are experiencing any of the problems listed below.

Fixes

- Fixed incorrect pixel preview resolution if the document was in multiples of 72dpi or 96dpi

- Fixed incorrect results when changing DPI of an artboard document in some scenarios

- Export of rectangular paths will not automatically convert them to rectangles in vector export if they have more than 4 points

- Added the ability to name an export area in Export Persona with a name that includes folder path, e.g. "folder/image" as the name of your export area will export the item "image" into "folder", creating it if it didn't exist already.

Hi Matt,

in addition to the issues described by pentool and gear maker here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/17591-adesigner-saved-styles-do-not-keep-their-settings/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/17599-paste-style-does-not-accurately-copy-style/

there seems to be a bug with creating styles from paths that have a stroke, but no fill assigned. Please have a look at my video. 

• Path A has a stroke, but no fill assigned, and it encloses no area.
  • Path B has stroke and fill assigned and encloses no area.
  • Path C has a stroke, but no fill assigned, and it encloses an area (i.e. if closed, it would enclose an area).

Style creation is possible only for B and C but not for A.  :unsure:

Hope that helps … Alex  :)

Styles_Bug.afdesign

You’re right, Chris. It doesn’t have to do with the property of (virtually) enclosing an area, but with the strokes being exactly vertical or horizontal … oops, sorry for that, I didn’t take into account this other property …  -_-

But please note, that you cannot even apply a style to strokes that are exactly vertical or horizontal …  :blink:

Style_Bug_B.mov

Just wanted to say that the new 'directory path' feature in the export persona is another big win for me  :)

Really looking forward to the next round of export features. Keep up the great work.

I've been using this feature since its release.

Simple but terrific, a great timesaver to fit complex projects and workflows. 

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

"- Added the ability to name an export area in Export Persona with a name that includes folder path, e.g. "folder/image" as the name of your export area will export the item "image" into "folder", creating it if it didn't exist already."

Anyone who know, please tell me how to use this interesting feature.

I've tried many ways to use it but still cannot find the right way.

post-15219-0-93133700-1455158818_thumb.png

post-15219-0-61925900-1455159080_thumb.png

@predick

I believe the issue is that you are attempting to export just the one, individual slice by using its individual export icon.

You must instead select Export Selected at the bottom right of the Slices panel.

Also, the file format (i.e. PNG) should not be stated in the Slices panel as an extension but should be set in the Export Options panel.

Try this:

• Unchecking all the slices except for Desktop/art/test.png
  • Rename it to Desktop/art/test
  • Click Export Selected

Thanks.

@predick

I believe the issue is that you are attempting to export just the one, individual slice by using its individual export icon.

You must instead select Export Selected at the bottom right of the Slices panel.

Also, the file format (i.e. PNG) should not be stated in the Slices panel as an extension but should be set in the Export Options panel.

Try this:

• Unchecking all the slices except for Desktop/art/test.png
  • Rename it to Desktop/art/test
  • Click Export Selected

Thanks.

Thanks nravenlock,

Exporting all slices followed your steps work very good.  ;)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.