You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't pay for Universal license with my mobile phone (Windows 11 Store)

Pretty much what's in the subject. I can pick between several Visa or Mastercard cards but can't seem to select payment by mobile phone (so it adds to my next phone bill).

The option is greyed out.

Anyone else?

Putting it on my bill gives me more accounting options than usual if you're wondering why I want to do it this way.

As I understand it you can't purchase from the Microsoft Store at all. You download a Trial version, and you pay via an in-apo purchase while running the app.

You can't run the app on your phone, which means you wouldn't be able to pay from your phone except possibly directly at the Affinity Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for that screenshot.

So, if I now understand correctly, you have run the Trial version on your PC, and now you're trying to pay for the in-app purchase, and want to use the phone associated with your Windows account for that?

I can see how that would give you some good payment options. I have no idea why it works for some apps but not this one. Sorry. Perhaps someone from Serif will know., or perhaps you will need to ask Microsoft.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 12/5/2022 at 11:47 PM, stranded said:

The option is greyed out.

We are unsure why this may be and if I'm honest, until your message, the people I've spoke to here at Serif to get advice on this, did not know this was an option.

As that is Microsoft's payment window, it may be worth reaching out to Microsoft for advice. Sorry, we cannot be any more help.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.