You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to do this on iPad ? (Affinity Photo 2 Selection related)

Ikikuru

Hey guys,

Probably being completely dumb (nothing new) I’m following a tutorial (link below) at around 41 mins, he clicks on the layer and gets the marquee selection automatically. If you watch the video you’ll see what he’s doing and why, I of course want to do exactly what he’s doing so delete the selection as well. 

if anyone can help that would be great! It’s a great tutorial btw, learning loads!

With the layer selected in the Layers Panel, long-press anywhere on the canvas and a dialog will appear, tap Select From Layer.

I don’t know if the artist in the video assigned a shortcut to a piece of hardware he’s using or if there’s another way to make a pixel selection from the layer. 

13 minutes ago, Brian_J said:

With the layer selected in the Layers Panel, long-press anywhere on the canvas and a dialog will appear, tap Select From Layer.

I don’t know if the artist in the video assigned a shortcut to a piece of hardware he’s using or if there’s another way to make a pixel selection from the layer. 

Thanks so much for the reply! That works for the selection which is great, but I can’t figure out the second part where he deletes the selection, no layers are deleted! I’ve attached the file I’m working on if that helps, he deletes the selection whilst mountain 2 is selected. If I do that (hit the trash can) then I delete the mountain 2 layer!?!?!

Car Mountain.afphoto

After making the pixel selection and then selecting the layer you want to delete from in the Layers Panel, tapping Delete in that same long-press menu will delete only the area that is selected.

Are you sure the pixel selection was active when you hit Delete? If there is no pixel selection, the entire layer will be deleted, which is what appears to have happened to you. 

18 minutes ago, Brian_J said:

I downloaded your file and recorded deleting the selection. Not sure if this video will be helpful. You can reduce the video playback speed (icon lower-right on video) to make it a little easier to see what’s going on. 

Really appreciate your help! This is such a great community! Just cooking dinner at the moment, will check this out shortly!