You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

8BF plugin not working on Affinity Photo V2

Hi there,

I have an 8BF plugin that was working fine in Affinity Photo V1. (Pro Digital Software, Starfilter Pro).

Unfortunately this plugin doesn't work anymore in V2. I added the folder where the 8BF file is located in the setting for Photoshop plugins but the plugin is not showing up in the Filters.

What can I do? Every advice is welcome.

Best regards - Ulrich

1 hour ago, Sempervivum said:

I added the folder where the 8BF file is located in the setting for Photoshop plugins but the plugin is not showing up in the Filters.

Can you show us a screenshot of the Preferences dialog showing your Plugins configuration?

Also, did you restart Photo after you made the change?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Sempervivum,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I have downloaded and installed StarFilter Pro 4, and the following is shown in their helpfile -

image.png

As Affinity apps are 64bit only, the 32bit version of the plugin you are currently trying to use with the app isn't compatible, but if you change this to the 64bit version it should hopefully work as expected.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Dan C

In the meantime I did what you recommended and installed the 64 bit version. Star Filter is working fine now! Thanks for your support!

BTW: Are you a developer? I would like to draw your attention to these issues:

Switching on grid is no longer working in V2

It should be possible to save and export all open tabs or files in one step

On the advertising pages of AP a lot of sophisticated features are announced but very basic but essentials, as mentioned above, are neglected. This is unsatisfying.
Best regards - Ulrich

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, I'm certainly glad to hear this!

14 hours ago, Sempervivum said:

BTW: Are you a developer? I would like to draw your attention to these issues

I'm not a developer of the Affinity app, I'm part of the technical support team here but I can certainly pass these through to our team.

Switching on grid is no longer working in V2

The 'automatic' grid in Affinity Photo has been changed in V2 to a Pixel grid, meaning it may not be visible until you zoom in. You can change the grid from Automatic to other settings if you wish to have larger divisions than 1px.

This is however logged with our team as a requested improvement, to return the V1 grid behaviour, or allow the user the choice for the 'Automatic' setting, but is not specifically a bug within the apps.

It should be possible to save and export all open tabs or files in one step

Thanks for your feedback here, I will be sure to add a 'vote' to this feature in our internal development log for you now :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!