You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frequent crashes when viewing

I experience frequent crashes of AP V2 when viewing pages in full screen + preview mode (Program not responding - temp. recovery file is generated and can be restored). Despite the fact it happens frequently it's not really reproducable (same action - same result) ....  So I guess it's just a feedback about a problem without being constructively able to give helpful information.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

I get the same thing. Mine usually happens after first starting it. I may drag a photo in and if I TOUCH it, the program crashes with no errors. Cropping tends to set it off quite a bit

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

I decided to stick with this thread.
I have experienced similar crashers, especially when trying to edit linked or embedded document - testes with afdesign file, but aphoto seems to be working (?) - have to check again. Clicking 'edit' suddenly APub has closed. Sometimes when I switch personas to designer or photo just closing again...  another example working on one project and open another in apub crash again. This is happening in fresh, newly created document and similar case is when open old from v1 files. 

Changing settings like WARP, disable/enable OpenCL acceleration etc. doesn't solve that problem. When open it in Designer seems to work well. 

Windows 10, 22H2, OS Build 19045.2251, AMD RX570 - driver version: 22.11.2, CPU: AMD FX8320, 16GB RAM @stock settings - not O/C

A few random picked .dmp files

4204169f-49ba-478e-a08b-ab9ddd0620d6.dmp 5a528b06-20ba-42b1-adb7-bb4e5c0554ef.dmp 0406fd37-c981-4fe1-ab57-812bb4c0b25a.dmp a4d88de4-cdc5-452f-acdb-234870ec7314.dmp

Affinity Designer, Publisher and Photo | v1 - v2 

I also get Publisher 2 crashing (also Photo 2 if it is running at the same time). It happens frequently when trying to paste large volumes of text from another source (e.g. MS Word) - Publisher seems to use inordinate amounts of memory which climbs until it crashes - typically after about one-two hours use). I have resorted to using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop for the time being until some fixes are announced. A pity as I find the V2 products very good (when they work!).

3 hours ago, MWOO said:

I also get Publisher 2 crashing (also Photo 2 if it is running at the same time). It happens frequently when trying to paste large volumes of text from another source (e.g. MS Word) - Publisher seems to use inordinate amounts of memory which climbs until it crashes - typically after about one-two hours use). I have resorted to using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop for the time being until some fixes are announced. A pity as I find the V2 products very good (when they work!).

I understand. I did some research and for now work on this solution crashes much, much less frequently:

Hi @Corny

Try with deactivated hardware acceleration in the programmes. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Performance an untick hardware acceleration.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

8 hours ago, Komatös said:

Hi @Corny

Try with deactivated hardware acceleration in the programmes. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Performance an untick hardware acceleration.

I tried and didn't work either.

Changing settings like WARP, disable/enable OpenCL acceleration etc. doesn't solve that problem. When open it in Designer seems to work well. 

It looks like the method with sfc /scannow and press enter works. Found some issue and fixed. Recently, I have been working and was pretty stable.