You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error exporting to PDF in Publisher 2

I’m suddenly getting this kind of error when exporting to PDF. This didn’t happen in my previous exports. Used the same fonts as I did before. Had no errors in preflight aside from spelling corrections and bleed warnings before exporting. Weird thing is that this error does not happen when I’m using the Print option.

073B1B3E-882D-420C-AE49-8A6F950CB701.jpeg

Hi Dong, are you getting this error each time you try it with the same document or is it intermittent? What happens if you restart Publisher or even macOS?

Are you able to export other documents to PDF?

Could you try exporting the first half to the document and then the second half to see if it's a problem with specific page(s)?

Serif may ask you to turn on PDF logging to help narrow it down. Here are those instructions:

FYI instead of taking a photo you can take a screenshot of the entire screen, a specific area, or just the active dialog by pressing Cmd+Shift+5.

Good luck

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Can't give you a specific solution but we had the same issue with a 24-page document in Publisher 2.  After much selective page publishing (first half, three-quarters etc) we traced the issue to a particular page that caused the error, then started deleting parts of the page until it would publish, and found that the problem lay at a particular line return.  We then recalled that that line had been copied in from an MS Word doc.  So we copied the whole section out to a text editor, then copied it back in from the text editor (which strips out any hidden formatting).  Suddenly all OK and publishing to PDF no problem.

So I can only suggest that kind of detective work to see if there is a particular point in the document (probably hidden formatting) which is causing the issue.

Edited by BillB1
added detail