You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paid for nothing?

I downloaded all the image processing software as free trials to my 1.12 machine and pad.  I liked your software and bought it with a pad on 12/3.  Why don't paid purchases appear in the order history?  Why do I still only have trial versions?  Do I have to cancel the transaction completely?  I received a receipt from Apple for my purchases and the bank account shows the payment.  Do something about it now, otherwise you have to cancel the whole deal.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Pandazmo.

Serif won't know about your purchase until you've linked it to your existing Affinity Store account, or created a new account during the linking process. This FAQ provides more information (please start with the article linked from the first post): 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you! I read these instructions few times but I don’t get it. I already created an account with Affinity when I downloaded the programs.  I chose the universal license.  I can't find a place in my account where I can separately register the programs? If I push the link ”I’ve already purhased this program” , the result is ”you don’t have any purhases”.  This is very frustrating. 

4 hours ago, Pandazmo said:

I already created an account

with Affinity when I downloaded the programs.

Just to make sure I understand:

1. You downloaded the Trial version for macOS from the Affinity Store, not from the Mac App Store? And you created an Affinity account to do that?
  2. And you (of course) downloaded the Trial version for the iPad from the iPad App Store, as there is no choice.
  3. Then you purchased a Universal license via in-App purchase using the iPad version?

In that case, until you link your Apple purchase (step 3) to your Affinity account (step 1), Serif does not know about it. And until you link the purchase you will have Trial versions of the other apps on iPad and on macOS.

Which app on the iPad did you use to make the purchase? If, for example, you made the purchase from Photo 2 on the iPad, then you need to link the purchase to your Affinity account using Photo 2 on the iPad to do it. You would do that by opening the Account dialog in the app and signing in to the Affinity Store account you created in step 1.

You will find the Account dialog using the icon near the bottom of the list on the app's Home Page when you run the app.

Once you have linked the purchase, using the app where you made the purchase, you can start the other apps, and you can say that you already have a license.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

@Pandazmo

I would strongly recommend removing or obscuring your email address from your image.  Not to do so is to risk having your email address harvested by Spambots!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

The message that it cannot complete registration within the expected time could indicate that you have a Firewall blocking the communication between the app and the Serif web site. Other than that I'm not sure what could be happening.

-- Walt
PC:

22 minutes ago, dotheDVDeed said:

Can I download trial versions from the App Store and activate them? 

You should be able to. Or, you could download them from the Affinity Store.

23 minutes ago, dotheDVDeed said:

I always get "There was a problem communicating with the server".

Do you have any kind of Firewall running on your macOS system?

-- Walt
PC:

My iPad seems to have licences now for all the programs. I think my laptop as well. It’s a bit strange that my order history is still empty but I can now find licenced programs from V2 licences & downloads. I still got free trial status on downloads & product keys. I hope everything is fine now. Thank you for your patience 😊

Just now, Pandazmo said:

It’s a bit strange that my order history is still empty

Your order history would show things you've purchased from Serif. If I understand it, you did not purchase from Serif, so it seems right to me for the history to be empty there.

Good to hear you now have everything working; congratulations.

-- Walt
PC:

I disagree with that order history. It doesn't matter how the products were purchased, they must appear in the customer's order history. This is the customer's account, which should also show the products he bought. Now it can only be found in the license section. The question arises, what is the idea of a separate order history when Affinity doesn't even have other products? Nowadays, many people use a phone/tablet to make purchases because they feel it is somehow safer. It is very strange that a purchase made with another medium does not appear in the customer's order history. Maybe it's a bug?

It has already been explained to you by Walt that ONLY purchases made direct from Serif appear in your order history. 

Purchases made via any of the App Stores are not recorded in your Serif Account because Serif do not know anything about them!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

2 hours ago, Pandazmo said:

The question arises, what is the idea of a separate order history when Affinity doesn't even have other products?

Serif provides many products via the Affinity Store, such as Brushes, packs of Assets, etc., not just the applications. Those will also show up in your Order history.

-- Walt
PC:

4 hours ago, Pandazmo said:

Well they don’t show if I purchase them from Apple 😀

Right. That's what we're saying. Purchases from Apple will not be in your Order History at Serif.

V2 purchases from Apple will be in your V2 Licenses list at Serif, once you've linked the purchase to your Affinity Store account, though. You will find them at https://affinity.store/account/licenses 

-- Walt
PC: