You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Change Document Setup in Publisher v2

Having an issue in v2 where I cannot adjust the settings of a document after it's been created. This is especially problematic if I need to adjust the color profile of a document or adjust the units it's measured in.

I think the issue is caused when using the Persona feature in Affinity and you switch from Pages to Artboards. This function worked fine in v1 and I only started experiencing issues with it once upgrading to v2.

Attached shows the "Documents Setup" page when it's bugged and how it should look.

Can anyone confirm this is a bug and not something I'm missing in settings with v2?

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 6.47.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 6.48.09 PM.png

17 hours ago, Andrew OBrien said:

I think the issue is caused when using the Persona feature in Affinity and you switch from Pages to Artboards

You can switch a document from using Artboards to using Pages. But you cannot switch a document from using Pages to using Artboards. So perhaps you could explain a bit more about this document's history?

Which application did you create it in, for example? 

Wrong. See Andrew's explanation below.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You can switch a document from using Artboards to using Pages. But you cannot switch a document from using Pages to using Artboards. So perhaps you could explain a bit more about this document's history?

Which application did you create it in, for example? 

That's not entirely true. If you have all 3 applications installed, any document can go back and forth between pages and artboards (see below). This has always been the case since at least v1.9.

This specific document was created in Publisher using the Designer persona and Convert Object (in this case the Rectangle Tool) to Artboard But this issue is persistent regardless of where it is made.

Regardless, this issue shouldn't really be an issue with Artboards. It's more about the fact that you are locked out of Document Setup when moving to Artboards. Shouldn't matter if you're using Artboards or Pages, you should be able to adjust your Color Profile or Unit Measurements regardless.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.54.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.56.33 AM.png

1 hour ago, Andrew OBrien said:

That's not entirely true. If you have all 3 applications installed, any document can go back and forth between pages and artboards (see below). This has always been the case since at least v1.9.

Thanks. I had not noticed that, and it's good to know about.

And I agree: that function will allow you to convert all your pages to Artboards.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build we believe this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon