You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resized document shows original dimensions in File/Document Setup

ElenaK

The attached file is 18x24in which was resized to this size from a 24x36in document. I opened the document and checked its size, but the size shown in File/Document Setup shows as 24x36in which was the original file size before resizing. You can see from the rulers that the document is 18inches wide but the opened Document Setup window shows 24x36in.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 20.59.59.png

Hi Elena and welcome to the forum.

What I think has happened is that when you changed the size of the page (spread) from 24x36 to 18x24 and not the size of the document. Publisher allows you to mix page sizes in the same document. The redesigned Document Setup dialog in v2 lets you change the document size or the page (spread) size all in one place. It can get a bit confusing.

If you click Selected Spreads in this dialog then I think you'll see that page 1 is 18x24 while when Whole Document is selected it shows 24x36.

Good luck!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

59 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Hi Elena and welcome to the forum.

What I think has happened is that when you changed the size of the page (spread) from 24x36 to 18x24 and not the size of the document. Publisher allows you to mix page sizes in the same document. The redesigned Document Setup dialog in v2 lets you change the document size or the page (spread) size all in one place. It can get a bit confusing.

If you click Selected Spreads in this dialog then I think you'll see that page 1 is 18x24 while when Whole Document is selected it shows 24x36.

Good luck!

Yes, I thought about that, but was confused since this documents has only 1 page. Anyway, that should be it. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, ElenaK said:

Yes, I thought about that, but was confused since this documents has only 1 page. Anyway, that should be it. Thank you.

It's a fair point. If you change the size of the only spread in a document it might be logical for it also to change the size of the document. But what if you changed the size of the only page without changing the size of the only master? I think it probably works as best it can although the new design of Document Setup can be a bit confusing. 

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)