You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill Tool - Bitmap option

Noticed this the other day, and still persists.

When using the Gradient Fill Tool …you have the option to select Linear, Elliptical, Radial, Conical and Bitmap, by either selecting the Arrows or Drop-down List upon tapping. 
When using the arrows to select Bitmap…it opens as expected, and can choose whatever image from location…but if tapping for the drop-down list to scroll and select Bitmap- it does nothing.

Use the arrows afterward to simply move forward and back again, and it will work as expected….so basically selecting option by the drop-down list doesn’t function properly.

‘Small thing, but exists.

7 hours ago, StudioJason said:

When using the Gradient Tool

I presume you mean the Fill Tool, as Photo 2 does not have a Gradient Tool?

In any case, good catch. I see the same odd behavior, which also applies to Designer 2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It was already reported here 

I think this is a minor issue if you know/ find the workaround, but for professionals/hobbyists dealing with bitmaps and not aware of these forums — I think this bug is a very big deal.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

Thanks. Reported several times, actually.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFD-5256

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:27 PM, walt.farrell said:

I presume you mean the Fill Tool, as Photo 2 does not have a Gradient Tool?

In any case, good catch. I see the same odd behavior, which also applies to Designer 2.

Interesting.  I landed here because I was trying to do the same thing in the Windows version; the tooltip in Windows is labeled Gradient Tool.   And yes, I ended up here for the same reason.

1 hour ago, regeya said:

Interesting.  I landed here because I was trying to do the same thing in the Windows version; the tooltip in Windows is labeled Gradient Tool.   And yes, I ended up here for the same reason.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you're seeing Gradient Tool, then I'm pretty sure you're in Designer 2, or the Publisher or Designer Personas of Publisher 2.

Photo 2 (which this topic is about) has the Fill Tool.

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you're seeing Gradient Tool, then I'm pretty sure you're in Designer 2, or the Publisher or Designer Personas of Publisher 2.

Photo 2 (which this topic is about) has the Fill Tool.

I just double-checked to confirm that I'm not a complete idiot; Affinity Photo 2.0.0.

I managed to work around the problem by finding a G'Mic plugin feature that did what I wanted to do with a pattern.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 210452.png

Edited by regeya

Thanks, @regeya

I'm not sure what I was thinking or seeing earlier. I looked at the screen just before typing that. (Both earlier, and just before the last one.) 

-- Walt
PC: