You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linked layers have reduced quality when exporting a picture

HenrikM

Linked layers have significantly reduced quality when exported. See the picture:

To the left, the model is on a linked layer. To the right, the model has been embedded in the main file.

I can sometimes force an update by opening the linked file at the same time as I have the main file open, but that only increases the quality a bit. I do not get the full image quality.

I am running Photo v2.0.0 on Windows 11. I use Google Drive, but all files are stored locally on the hard drive.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 111957 - Difference between linked -left- and embedded -right- layer.png

• Staff

Hi @HenrikM,

I'm not able to replicate an issue with the quality dropping on linked files following an export, I've gone through an few different formats and the image quality is being retained identical to the embedded version of the file.

If this is something that you can replicate, could you provide me with a sample image/.afphoto file and a screenshot of your export settings?

Many thanks!

I'll see if I can replicate it the next time I work on a picture. If I can, I'll send you a file sample and export settings.

I do not believe it is the export settings though, because it was possible to see the overly large pixels of the linked layer when I had the file open in Affinity Photo.